Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 17:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS FF Update: Reigning Champion Falls but #1 Seed Still Alive  (Read 1521 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 08, 2008 at 22:28 »

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008 at 22:33 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 07:37 »

I thought the same thing this morning when I checked the scores.  Low seeds winning 3 of 4, & the top dog dodges a bullet.  It's been a wackey year in the FF world.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 17:17 »

Yep, Woodleys' DL carries them over the top, preventing the underdog sweep.  That actually happened in another league I was in last year - unfortunately, I was the #2 seed.

Despite the first round victory, Mongrels shaking up the lineup in round 2.  Bringing their workhorse Portis back to start, hoping he's healthy enough to play well.  And, in a headline-making shocker, a QB change.  Favre benched for Orton?!!  He's setting himself up for a severe roasting by fans on Monday if it backfires, but that's why msdmnr gets paid the big bucks - you want the $37, you gotta be willing to stick your neck out sometimes.
Spen

« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 17:43 »

Congrats to all that moved on. I blame my terrible 3rd receiver.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 21:45 »

This was a week of favorites.  The top seeded Sportin Woodley's will advance to the championship round after defeating Msdmnr's Mongrels. 

And sixth seeded Hungry Whoremongers run up the score on the Keystone Cops to earn their shot at glory next week.

It has come down to the number one seed versus the six seed.  I'd hate to handicap this one, folks.  Those Whoremongers are looking tough, but you don't sport the top Wood w/out something to going on down there.

And now for the consolation round update ... pottytrain1

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:00 »

Man, the whoremongers sure did a great job this year-- I had 'em written off when Casey Fitzpatrick became the Beengals starter.  Great job.

As for the Woodleys, meh.  Something about a blind pig and an acorn comes to mind.  Or was it a blind gopher and a grill?  Can't remember now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 19:52 »

Whoremongers lose this weekend.  Have Forte and Clark but little else. 

My keeper, TJ Whoosh, has done nothing for me this year. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 08:14 »

Forte needs to lay an egg.

Purple Jesus and Chet Taylor did jack motherfucking shite against a suspect Falcons run D.  Kevin Walter's been a good #3 WR and did zip against the vaunted Raiders secondary.  Steelers D was good for 0.50.

Luckily, I got some play from my depth guys and just need Forte to get yardage but no TDs...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 08:36 »

Top seeded Sportin Woodleys appear to have the championship in hand but one never knows.  They could be in trouble if Forte runs for 120 yards + two TDs and their kicker misses a short FG and the Pack gets shutout.

The 3rd place game looks interesting.  The Mongrels are trailing the Cops by a mere 2.55 pts but have Orton as the last hope whereas the Cops have Nick Collins (GB DB) on defense.  If Orton can complete a few passes and get over 100 yards mistake-free then the Mongrels might be OK.  But if Orton tosses INTs it will be doubtful.  If he tosses INTs to Collins then it's o-v-e-r.

And in consolation bracket news ...
pottytrain2

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Spen

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 09:51 »

I have to accept responsibility and blame my players for my losses. They really choked when it mattered.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 10:55 »

Left some points on the bench, but still with a shot at 3rd (WooHoo!).  Glad I didn't start Favre - would be in it deep.

Once again, bridesmaid or near-bridesmaid status.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: