Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 14:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday's Game  (Read 1108 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 08:08 »

What kind of time for church is that?

Back in my church goin' days, the choices were Saturday night at 7:00pm, Sunday morning at 9:00am or 11:00am or Sunday night at 7:00pm. You could usually find a way not to miss the NHL, NFL or NBA game of choice.

What the hell is going on a 5:00pm?

You could call in gay. I read about that on CNN today. Whatever works.

This ain't the Catholic church dude!  It's not a once-a-week-get-your-confession-in program!  Our youth are Christmas caroling Sun. night at nursing homes and shut-ins around our town.  Those folks are asleep by 6:30, so we have to get started a little early in the evening.  Sun. morning is for worship, Sun. nights are youth activities. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 09:09 »

can't you just sip a little more of the holy wine before the youth activities?  it should be more fun.....

oh, sorry.  you said it wasn't the catholic church in an earlier post. :rolleyes:

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 09:16 »

Those folks are asleep by 6:30, so we have to get started a little early in the evening. 

They won't remember. Just tell them the kids were there, they loved the songs and enjoyed cookies. You will be forgiven for this. Trust me.

Sun. morning is for worship, Sun. nights are youth activities.

Doesn't sound like a day of rest to me. The backyard is for youth activities, isn't it?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:27 »

Those folks are asleep by 6:30, so we have to get started a little early in the evening. 

They won't remember. Just tell them the kids were there, they loved the songs and enjoyed cookies. You will be forgiven for this. Trust me.

Otis makes a valid point.  One year I sent Finny one of those musical Christmas cards, and the old bastard sat in the corner opening and closing it for the next two weeks.  Muttering to himself something about "devilment" and "new-fangled gadgetry". 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:35 »

Otis makes a valid point.  One year I sent Finny one of those musical Christmas cards, and the old bastard sat in the corner opening and closing it for the next two weeks.  Muttering to himself something about "devilment" and "new-fangled gadgetry". 

I have your card of devilment, locked in a safe, with a vial of holy water nearby. 

I seen on TV some bug-eye feller, hawkin' some orange terry cloth made in Germany, never gets full of water.  It's the devil's work I tells ya.  Endless drinkin' cloth.  Miracle clothes cleaners, powered by the air we breathe, activated by the water we drink.  Knives that cuts through cans, and then ain't dull when you cut a tomater.  Cards that sing, all by theyselves.

These is dire times we live in, my friends.  Me, I'm happy jess a-whittlin', a-spittin', and a-drinkin' my whissey.  You all keep your devil gadgets the hell away from me, hear?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 13:10 »

a-drinkin' my whissey. 

Does pissey in whiskey make whissey? The guy on Man vs Wild told me it keeps demons away.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: