Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 16:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DUCK DUCK BUSH  (Read 2403 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:44 »

Here in America, we all know what the worst insult is.  But he's leaving us in just a little over a month...

Cleveland Bukkaki Special?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cleveland%20Bukkake%20Special
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:45 by whitmer_87 » Logged

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:47 »

Supposedly, throwing your shoe at someone is like the worst Iraqi insult.

The shoe has been used in political protest in other ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabotage

Origin
Sabotage is a term of French origin coined during the railway strike of 1910, when workers destroyed the wooden shoes, or sabots, that held rails in place, thus impeding the morning commute.[citation needed] An alternate definition claims the word to be older by almost a century, the times of Industrial Revolution. It is said that powered looms could be damaged by angry or disgruntled workers throwing their wooden shoes or clogs (known in French as sabots, hence the term Sabotage) into the machinery, effectively clogging the machinery. This is often referenced as one of the first inklings of the Luddite Movement. However, this etymology is highly suspect and no wooden shoe sabotage is known to have been reported from the time of the word's origin. [1] Others contend that the word comes from the slang name for people living in rural areas who wore wooden shoes after city dwellers had begun wearing leather shoes; when employers wanted strikebreakers they would import 'sabots'/rural workers to replace the strikers. Not used to machine-driven labor the 'sabots' worked poorly and slowly. The strikers would be called back to work (with demands won) and, could win demands on the job by working like their country cousins - the sabots. Thus 'sabotage'.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 21:11 »

Supposedly, throwing your shoe at someone is like the worst Iraqi insult.  I guess it does lose something in translation.  The second worst insult is to screw that person's goat. 

Here in America, we all know what the worst insult is.  But he's leaving us in just a little over a month...

Finny your fucking killing me, I think I just pissed my pants.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 22:48 »

I don't care if it were Clinton, Bush, Obama or Reagan.....I'm not crazy about the idea of some scumbag attempting to harm the President of the United States.  Democrat or Republican.

Thankfully they have zero athletic ability over there.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2008 at 22:54 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 08:29 »

I don't care if it were Clinton, Bush, Obama or Reagan.....I'm not crazy about the idea of some scumbag attempting to harm the President of the United States.  Democrat or Republican.

Thankfully they have zero athletic ability over there.

That's like saying you don't care for someone attempting to harm the POTUS (regardless of party) by flipping them the bird.

Or throwing a jelly doughnut at him.

Thank God we liberated Iraq and brung 'em free speech and all...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 08:33 »

I heard that some uh those terrorists been known to sport explodin' shoes.

Not that I was wishin'...but Dead Pool points is Dead Pool points.

Just sayin'.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 09:13 »

What they needed was a second shoe thrower.  Then they could have gotten him in a shoe-cross-fire.  If they timed it right when Shrub ducked the first shoe he would have caught one right in the kisser from the second thrower by which time the original thrower would have launched another.

If they'd have really wanted to make a statement though, they could have gone for shock-and-awe and tossed in several pairs of heavy steel-toed work boots all at the same time.  Sure, they may have taken out a press secretary and other random staffers.  But, you know, collateral damage and such is hard to avoid!  And besides, they were asking for it by standing nearby.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 09:15 »

Valid point, Oat, but the flipside is, you invade my country, displace over 2 million citizens, kill somewhere between 25 times as many people as were killed in 9/11 and possibly up to 250 times as many, all on bullshit pretenses, I'd say you'd be lucky to have the extent of my personal displeasure with your policies be a fucking shoe toss.  

I would probably be a little more reluctant to throw a jelly doughnut because, well, it is a jelly doughnut after all... MMMmmmmmmrrrmrmm, jelly doughnuts...

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 09:17 »

What they needed was a second shoe thrower.  Then they could have gotten him in a shoe-cross-fire.  If they timed it right when Shrub ducked the first shoe he would have caught one right in the kisser from the second thrower by which time the original thrower would have launched another.

If they'd have really wanted to make a statement though, they could have gone for shock-and-awe and tossed in several pairs of heavy steel-toed work boots all at the same time.  Sure, they may have taken out a press secretary and other random staffers.  But, you know, collateral damage and such is hard to avoid!  And besides, they were asking for it by standing nearby.

Watch out for the fluffy bunny slipper coming from the grassy knoll.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:50 »

I look at it as you still had an animal attempting to harm the POTUS and he had enough time to do so. I really don't care if it were a jelly doughnut or a shoe. What scares me is the lack of timing by the secret service.

Eitherway, I'm just anxious to get our boys and girls home and out of that region of the world.  They can kill each other off for all I care.

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:57 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: