Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 21:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DUCK DUCK BUSH  (Read 2673 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:58 »

I heard that some uh those terrorists been known to sport explodin' shoes.

Not that I was wishin'...but Dead Pool points is Dead Pool points.

Just sayin'.

The guy could have had a knife in his shoe for all we knew.  It sounds crazy, but so do exploding shoes.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:02 »

They can kill each other off for all I care.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Would that just be the Iraqis?  People who throw shoes at the US President?  Anyone who's Arab?  Muslims?  Anyone not a US citizen? 

Just curious to know, since it is the season of the coming of our Lord, and He could fit some of your criteria.... 
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:05 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:16 »

I look at it as you still had an animal attempting to harm the POTUS and he had enough time to do so. I really don't care if it were a jelly doughnut or a shoe. What scares me is the lack of timing by the secret service.

Yeah, the Secret Service effed up badly.

But what I find really curious is that you continue to mistake this as an act of harm, rather than expression of moral outrage.  If he had wanted to harm the president, I would think it more efficacious to use something other than footware.  Call me crazy. 

I also find it curious that you refer to this person as "an animal," not in a strict biological sense, but in the sense of some superiority reminiscent of those lynchin' whites who used to see blacks as animals.  You've stated that they can kill each other, they (?) are "animals" (twice in this thread), and you offer the curious epithet that they piss in the sand.  OK, so you're a Steelers fan.  And a xenophobe.  That's fine, you is what you is.

I for one don't care whether anyone here is liberal, conservative, full of love and joy, or full of hatred and bigotry.  And I'm not going to tell you what you should believe.   Free country and all.  I happen to find the policies of our standing President distasteful, but I would never condone a serious attempt on his life.  But I think you're using that idea, of an attack on the POTUS, as some sort of justification of a sick worldview that I can't get behind. 

If you met Jesus on the street you'd probably think he was a terrorist.  Just my 2 cents, and believe me, I'm done on the soapbox.  Last thing I feel like doing is getting into another protracted discussion on politics and morals, because frankly, I'm exhausted from it all, and I'd rather concentrate on some serious pigskin entertainment heading into the playoffs.  I enjoy reading the comments of this community for the most part.  Just not yours, when you get on your soapbox.

But like I said, free country. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:18 »

Just curious to know, since it is the season of the coming of our Lord, and He could fit some of your criteria....

Jesus! What kind of name is that? Probably an illegal. That wall needs to be higher.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:38 »

But what I find really curious is that you continue to mistake this as an act of harm, rather than expression of moral outrage.  If he had wanted to harm the president, I would think it more efficacious to use something other than footware.  Call me crazy.

Gunning a shoe at one's head seems like an act of harm to me.  Call me crazy. 

I also find it curious that you refer to this person as "an animal," not in a strict biological sense, but in the sense of some superiority reminiscent of those lynchin' whites who used to see blacks as animals.  You've stated that they can kill each other, they (?) are "animals" (twice in this thread), and you offer the curious epithet that they piss in the sand.  OK, so you're a Steelers fan.  And a xenophobe.  That's fine, you is what you is.

I would not consider myself a xenophobe, but you can make that assumption if you would like.  Free country and all.  I do not dislike or fear people from Italy.  I went there, had a blast, loved the people.  I do not dislike or fear people from Mexico.  I went there, had a blast, loved the people.  I do not dislike or fear people from Germany.  I went there, had a blast, loved the people.  Same goes for Canada, France and England.

I have Jewish friends, catholic friends and friends of all different shapes, sizes and colors.  I do have a problem with muslim extremists or people who attempt to hurt/kill the POTUS. 

I'll get off my soapbox now even though I avoid the political forum for the most part. 

Take care and Merry Christmas....errr, I mean Happy Holidays Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008 at 14:42 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 22:30 »

Origin
Sabotage is a term of French origin coined during the railway strike of 1910, when workers destroyed the wooden shoes, or sabots, that held rails in place, thus impeding the morning commute.[citation needed] An alternate definition claims the word to be older by almost a century, the times of Industrial Revolution. It is said that powered looms could be damaged by angry or disgruntled workers throwing their wooden shoes or clogs (known in French as sabots, hence the term Sabotage) into the machinery, effectively clogging the machinery. This is often referenced as one of the first inklings of the Luddite Movement. However, this etymology is highly suspect and no wooden shoe sabotage is known to have been reported from the time of the word's origin. [1] Others contend that the word comes from the slang name for people living in rural areas who wore wooden shoes after city dwellers had begun wearing leather shoes; when employers wanted strikebreakers they would import 'sabots'/rural workers to replace the strikers. Not used to machine-driven labor the 'sabots' worked poorly and slowly. The strikers would be called back to work (with demands won) and, could win demands on the job by working like their country cousins - the sabots. Thus 'sabotage'.

I could swear that some vulcan chick said the very same thing in one of the star trek movies.  Live long and prosper Penso!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 16:05 »

http://www.sockandawe.com/

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: