Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 17:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: breaking news in Cleveland  (Read 552 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:23 »

http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSN1550407020081215?feedType=RSS&feedName=mergersNews&rpc=22&sp=true

i like how Cleveland is the paper, along with the NYT reporting this terrible turn of events....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:27 »

I thought for sure this was gonna be the breaking news...

Browns fan charged with driving unlicensed couch

Mike Meredith is charged with driving an unregistered couch to the Nov. 23 Cleveland Browns game.

The Plain Dealer says Meredith "and a couple of buddies converted a riding mower into a mobile couch in 2005 because 'I was wasting time walking around when I could be sitting here eating hot dogs and drinking beer.'"

Meredith pleaded not guilty to the charges. He's due in court tomorrow. "He has prepared a defense, walking the couch route and snapping pictures of every officer who waved him through," the Plain Dealer says.

We found some photos of the "go-kouch" on Flickr. Here's video from YouTube.

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:32 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:56 »

Quite the memorable 15 minutes.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:06 »

Wait!?  So Cleveland won't have a football team this coming year?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:10 »

"It's a historic day for the league," James Ferraro told the paper. "This league will be much, much stronger, and it will be here for a long time because of what happened.

"This is the farthest thing from the league folding," he added. "This is, in my opinion, just showing us the league will not fold."

So by not having a season, this is a way of showing that the league will still be around? Interesting.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 13:27 »

"It's a historic day for the league," James Ferraro told the paper. "This league will be much, much stronger, and it will be here for a long time because of what happened.

"This is the farthest thing from the league folding," he added. "This is, in my opinion, just showing us the league will not fold."

So by not having a season, this is a way of showing that the league will still be around? Interesting.

The season ends??!!

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: