Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 04:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's next vs. Tennesse & Cleveland  (Read 981 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Dec 14, 2008 at 23:14 »

Since we have a bye locked up and will have the divisional playoff game at home, how should the Steelers play the last two games?

First, I think the team, especially the D is red hot now.  For the most part, except for a play or two here, Baltimore could not move the ball today.  Six of their points were caused by our bone-headed plays on O.

I could see us going into Tennessee (which should be the game that decides 1st seed), and abusing Kerry Collins.  I think Tennessee peaked at the wrong time and has started the downward trend. 

So, my position is that we should go into Tennessee, playing our usual defense.  We should play our typical offense.  I don't think we should run any exotic blitzes, nor the no-huddle O.  Keep our looks fairly vanilla, but I think the team still needs to play at a high level, without revealing the kitchen sink on film.

Here's why.  I think we can actually beat that team straight up without getting "exotic".  Even if we can't, would playing an AFC game in Tenessee be a bad thing?Huh?  We don't do well with these things at Heinz Field!  I'm nervous enough having to face the wildcard weekend winner at Hienz! 

If we lose, TN clinches #1, and we will be #2.  At this point, I favor having the second team play a whole lot more against Cleveland.  I think the second team D can single handedly beat Ken Dorsey and the O.  It'd be ashame to have a key member of the team get a seious injury.

If we beat TN, then we need to make sure we beat the Brownies by having the first team in there as long as needed.
jburghfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 11:37 »

how should the Steelers play the last two games?

Win out and play all playoff games at home......
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:31 »

how should the Steelers play the last two games?

Win out and play all playoff games at home......

I like that.  Don't worry about resting players unless games are wrapped and you want to get some reps in for the backups.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:48 »

If we lose in Tennessee (which I really think we have a shot of winning)... I'm all for pulling the plug on the Cleveland game.  No need risking key players health, and potentially a superbowl run, in a meaningless game.  I'm sure Cleveland would be more than willing to take some cheapshots if they have the right opportunity.
whitmer_87

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:52 »

Winning the SB is all about peaking at the right time, and catching fire in the playoffs. Just like us in 2006, that Giants last season, and the Colts the year before. These teams weren't necessarily the "best" teams in the league, but they were playing the best at the right time. I think we can be that team this year, assuming our offense gets going.

I think we'll beat Tennessee. Their offense doesn't scare me, and even with their defense playing at a high level I don't think it'll be a factor. Our offense has played against better defenses in the last two weeks. I can see it being a relatively close game, but we'll come out on top.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 13:38 »

Just food for thought. I think Indy and Balty will be the #5 and 6 seeds respectively. I think Balty will easily handle Denver( or SD if the Broncs choke). That would put Balty on the road at the #1. Being the #1 is great and all, but I really don't want to play Balty again, and IMHO, Indy/AFC East winer is a better matchup. I wouldn't be too upset with the #2 seed, as there is no guarantee of a Titans win in round 2.

I like the thought of just playing a "vanilla" game against the Titans, with the thought of playing them again for a trip to Tampa. Let the Titans carry the weight of being favs. ....... just sayin'.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:31 »

What the hell is with the fear of Baltimore?  I'll take a home playoff game against RC HC Zorn and Joey "I have playoff experience... at 1-AA" Flaccoseagulls. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jburghfan

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 17:32 »

What the hell is with the fear of Baltimore?  I'll take a home playoff game against RC HC Zorn and Joey "I have playoff experience... at 1-AA" Flaccoseagulls

Couldn't agree more.....Let's see........Payton Manning or Joe Flacco.......
jasonic

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 17:59 »

"...and i ran...i ran so far away....just can't get away..."

- flaccoseagulls....wel l done penso. clap

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 21:58 »

What the hell is with the fear of Baltimore?  I'll take a home playoff game against RC HC Zorn and Joey "I have playoff experience... at 1-AA" Flaccoseagulls. 

I'm not particularly afraid of Baltimore, and Joe Fucco certainly is no Gayton Manwhore, but its extremely difficult to beat a team 3 times in one season, no?. The Steelers have had 2 games that could have gone either way, go their way and all I'm sayin' is that maybe a 3rd time doesn't go their way. Balty's defense is pretty tough, and their RB runs pretty fucking angry. That guy is a truck.

Of course I think the Steelers can beat anyone who qualifies for the playoffs, and Balty is far from clinching, and we'll just have to see how this all shakes out. The Steelers D is amazing and we have as good as chance as anyone to be celebrating after the last game of season.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: