Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 20:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berger served for defamation of character  (Read 591 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Dec 17, 2008 at 07:24 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3772394

Since Harbaugh knows all, we can fully expect Berger to be served with a lawsuit soon.  You can't say things like that about high-character organizations like the Ravens.  What does he think, they put bounties on players or something?

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he doesn't believe Pittsburgh Steelers punter Mitch Berger when he says Ravens cornerback Frank Walker spit in Berger's face during Sunday's game, according to the Baltimore Sun.

NFL.com Video

Watch highlights from the Pittsburgh Steelers' 13-9 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Berger said he confronted Walker after what Berger thought was a blatant attempt to go after kicker Jeff Reed's knee on an extra-point attempt.

Berger was quoted in The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after the game as saying, "I tried to get in the middle to separate him, but he got in my face and spit right in my mouth. He spit right in my mouth. I'm still trying to spit that ... out. I was talking to him, trying to separate everybody and he spit right in my mouth."

During his weekly news conference, Harbaugh said, "That's the first I heard that. I don't believe it for one second," according to the Sun. "Frank Walker wouldn't do it, none of our players would do it. I don't believe it for one second."

Well, OF COURSE none of the Ravens would spit on someone.  They'd just have them stabbed.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 08:17 »

Preach, these guys are serious thugs.  I'm surprised they didn't try to cause real bodily harm by throwing a Dr. Scholl's insole or something.

Animals.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 08:32 »

Preach, these guys are serious thugs.  I'm surprised they didn't try to cause real bodily harm by throwing a Dr. Scholl's insole or something.

Animals.

Grin yeh

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 09:48 »

Acknowledging being spit on is one thing. Acknowledging that someone you vehemently hate spit in your mouth is another. If I was Berger, I wouldn't broadcast that shit.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 10:52 »

There was so much hoopla surrounding the TD catch/call that many people missed the PF 15 yd penalty on Reed after the point after attempt.

Every Raven fan around us was to caught up with the call and pissed off about it to realize that Reed had to KO from the 15 instead of the 30.  I couldn't figure out why he got flagged (couldn't hear shit at that point) and I kept saying that he was an absolute asshole for putting his team in that spot.  You're basically handing the opposition starting field position at midfield, if you're lucky.  The way that the game was going, I was scared shitless that they were going to run it back.

After they kicked off and came to the sideline, Reed was liv-id.  I might even go so far to say that he was emotionally out of control.  Not really what you want to see from your kicker because those guys have to have ice in their veins.  Nothing is supposed to rattle them.  Well, I can tell you that whatever happened on the field definitely touched a nerve so I'll take Berger at his word here.  Really, you figure it has to be something over the top like that for it to get that kind of a response from a player.  Also, knowing how Reed reacted, I wouldn't put it past those Rattie scumbags to take advantage of that if they meet again in the playoffs.

BTW...totally unrelated to that incident, but concerning Reed, that dude is totally image conscious.  He spent most of the afternoon primping and fluffing his hair than anything else.  It's painfully obvious that he hates wearing a helmet as it fucks with his locks.  I'm almost positve that he ran his fingers through his hair more times than he touched a football.  And man, did the Ravens fans let him know about it.  Pretty funny, actually.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:31 »

BTW...totally unrelated to that incident, but concerning Reed, that dude is totally image conscious.  He spent most of the afternoon primping and fluffing his hair than anything else.  It's painfully obvious that he hates wearing a helmet as it fucks with his locks.  I'm almost positve that he ran his fingers through his hair more times than he touched a football.  And man, did the Ravens fans let him know about it.  Pretty funny, actually.

Lordy, one would assume they've been giving Jeff the bid-ness for a while, as the guy has a few "quirks" so to speak.

I couldn't figure out why he got flagged

Basically, he got flagged for nothing.  A horrible call on a kicker who gave a DB a "love tap" at best.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:50 »

I couldn't figure out why he got flagged

Basically, he got flagged for nothing.  A horrible call on a kicker who gave a DB a "love tap" at best.

Reed actually was the one who moved with the push. He pushed the DB and Reed was the one who fell backwards. Pretty funny, and should have been a no call. It was a BS personal foul.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 06:56 »

Walker has admitted that he "accidently" spit directly into his mouth.  I guess maybe Harbaugh should have qualified his previous statement.

PUMA
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 07:12 »

Walker has admitted that he "accidently" spit directly into his mouth.  I guess maybe Harbaugh should have qualified his previous statement.

He was doing his Bill Cowher impersonation.  That's what got Reed so ticked.  B)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: