Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 13:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to Hawaii?  (Read 1981 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 15:44 »

Both Ike and Smith got screwed over in my opinion.

Shame.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 15:56 »

It's all a numbers game.  IMO, Harrison would lead the league in sacks if the zebras would call holding.  Smith gets overlooked because he plays the 3-4... And IMO he's one of the three best players on our D, with Pola and Harrison.  Ike's got 1 INT, which won't get noticed when people want gaudy INT numbers as their primary criterion for PB voting.  Never mind that his coverage has gotten better, and he consistently breaks up passes.

It's about what I expected from the voters.  I give two shits about the Pro Bowl, honestly. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 16:01 »

It's all a numbers game.  IMO, Harrison would lead the league in sacks if the zebras would call holding.  Smith gets overlooked because he plays the 3-4... And IMO he's one of the three best players on our D, with Pola and Harrison.  Ike's got 1 INT, which won't get noticed when people want gaudy INT numbers as their primary criterion for PB voting.  Never mind that his coverage has gotten better, and he consistently breaks up passes.

It's about what I expected from the voters.  I give two shits about the Pro Bowl, honestly. 

Yeah, sacks and ints will get you in. I may be wrong here, but I believe the Giants had zero Pro-Bowlers last year, and that seemed to work out pretty well for them.

Edit: Omenyiora made it as a reserve.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 16:12 »

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Polamalu and Harrison are starters and Potsie is a backup to, you guessed it, Ray Ray.

No players on offense.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 18:16 »

Defensive criteria are sacks, INTs, and have you been there before.

Freeney is useless against the run, but he'll be in the Pro Bowl every year.

I think Woodley tailed off a little the last month or so, plus no name recognition, plus excuse likely that he gets his numbers because the D is focusing on Harrison.

Offense no surprise that we had no one make it - Ben tailed off significantly stat wise from last year, but could argue 3rd team vs. Cutler based on team success and comebacks.  Also, Favre had one good game (6 TDs), otherwise very ordinary.  At least Cassell didn't make it.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 18:39 »

When do they plan on eliminating this useless game?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 19:44 »

Didn't the Gints win the SB last year with like, zero Pro Bowl elections?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 19:58 »

What about clark? He is pretty good.  He should go based on the Welker hit alone.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 20:49 »

Pretty good praise of Tomlin regarding Pro Bowl players (or lack thereof) from PFT of all places!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/16/pro-bowl-vote-proves-tomlins-value-to-steelers/

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 20:56 »

Pretty good praise of Tomlin regarding Pro Bowl players (or lack thereof) from PFT of all places!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/16/pro-bowl-vote-proves-tomlins-value-to-steelers/<

True dat.

I'd much rather our boys represent in Tampa than in Hawaii.  Coming home with Pro Bowl hardware means nothing.  Only the Lombardi counts.

Destination:  Tampa
 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: