Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 08:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penguins @ Thrashers  (Read 341 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Dec 17, 2008 at 23:25 »

It's sounding like Talbot and Ziggy are still out and Fedotenko stated he expects play tonight (illness). They called up Stone and Taffe for this one. Stone is not playing horribly bad down in WBS (6 G, 12 A, 28 G). Hopefully he will play a little better than he did last season when he came up here for six games (1 assist). The quicker we get Talbot and Ziggy back, the better. We are missing the grit and hustle from Talbot and the faceoff wins from Ziggy. Nevermind the hit our PK is taking from the absence of those two. From what I've read, Therrien put the team through one hell of a practice the other day, including watching film and emphasis on individual battles.

Eitherway, in all right we should come away with a win tonight. Atlanta has only won three games over the last fourteen, although they are coming off a 4-1 victory in Ottawa on Tuesday night. It will be interesting to see if Atlanta goes with Hedberg or Pavelec in net tonight. Pavelec got them the win against Ottawa, stopping 28 out of 29 shots, so I would have to believe they will give him the nod. I'm more worried about Kozlov than I am anyone else on that roster. The guy is a Penguin killer, 17 goals, 35 points in 35 games.

Also for those who are interested....

Erik Christensen: 21 games / 1 goal / 7 assists / -8

Colby Armstrong: 30 games / 6 goals / 5 assists / -2

Chris Thorburn: 30 games / 3 goals / 2 assists / -1

Johan Hedberg: 14 games / 5 wins / 6 losses / .883 SV% / 3.71 GAA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: