Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 06:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willie and Arians  (Read 677 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« on: Dec 21, 2008 at 12:50 »

Are the weakest links on this team....seriously, why why why is Willie Parker still playing, and without a fullback no less?

Parker is useless running gut, and in my estimation is useless in general.

These two make me want to rip my hair out week after week.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 13:06 »

I don't think Parker is useless in general, though I agree with your general idea that he isn't the guy between the tackles.

The Steelers need a Le'Ron McClain type FB v. what the Steelers have in Carey Davis, who seems to be a STs-only guy now.  Hell, I'd take Lorenzo Neal at FB.  The Steelers need a 250+lb FB...Carey Davis must be around 230lbs. 

I won't get on Arians today

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 13:08 »

You are right about Arians.

You are dead wrong (IMO) about Willie Parker.

I do think that Moore should be running more because Parker is not healthy.  However, FWP has no chance, as we have the worst-designed run game since 2003, certainly one of the worst in the NFL this season (sans Arizona).

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 13:35 »

Yeah, I think FWP's problems are b/c he's not healthy.  He seems to be trying to juke instead of hitting the hole sometimes whereas Moore will make 1 cut and hit it.

But there's no doubt that Moore is the superior receiver and should be getting the majority of the touches at this point.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
ben2hines4six

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 13:45 »

Perhaps I should of been more specific...I agree the injuries are the biggest reason for his struggles, but he is useless to this team right now regardless of the reasoning.

He is not the more productive player, and I feel way more confident when Moore is in their breaking tackles and fighting for extra yards...Moore is also a threat in the passing game, where as when Parker is in for throwing situations, nobody has to account for him because they know he cannot catch.

Even when healthy though, running parkers consistently between the tackles makes no sense, and it makes even less sense to run him without a FB.

I was telling my brother during the Raven game last night that I would LOVE to have a guy like McClain, hopefully Mendenhall can be that guy next season.

rockafella
N00b

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:18 »

I have to agree with you on this topic.  Moore is more powerful at running up the middle which is what the Steelers need.  And he is certainly much better than a half healthy Willie Parker.  I don't know why Willie is out there either.  But the problem is mainly with the O-line not creating holes.  It's not going to make that much of a difference with the offensive line getting pushed backwards on almost every play.     
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:30 »

The difference in the type of play calls was night and day during this game for a reason.  How many run,run,pass did you see in the first quarter?  Souting mission.

I think they know how to beat this D now... the quick underneath stuff worked very very well.

I am so totally fine w/ not having the AFCC in Pittsburgh!!!
ben2hines4six

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:35 »

DC, I second that.

It just had a look to me that the Steelers are looking ahead to bigger things, like ya'll can have this one, we want the NEXT one.

I still feel the Titans are one and done in the playoffs, FWIW.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 20:37 »

Perhaps I should of been more specific...I agree the injuries are the biggest reason for his struggles, but he is useless to this team right now regardless of the reasoning.

I can see that.  However, I'm not sure that FWP is useless in the passing game, we just choose never to use him in it.  Again, BA is shortsighted--there was a time when FWP ran a pretty mean screen pass, but we haven't executed one of those since 2005. 

Still, he certainly doesn't have the receiving skills of Moore.  Both are pretty good blockers in the passing game.

I am firmly convinced that a mediocre offensive line and horrible coaching staff are responsible for our offensive woes. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: