Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 01:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What gives?  (Read 3464 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 09:19 »

Yeah, ever since he stopped the wake and bake on Sunday mornings the concentration and relaxation have gone to hell.

In all honesty he seems to be the type of guy who is going to have a monster contract year (next year?), bolt via FA, and never live up to the contract.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 09:35 »

and Sweed looking about as close to NFL ready as I am.

LOL - Ain't it the truth though.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:15 »

Granted, Ben's not playing as well this year. That 20-point passer rating drop may have something to do with more significant injuries (shoulder, notably), drops (I've seen a LOT more this year), playcalling (don't get me started), receivers being out (Miller, Holmes), but whatever the case, Ben's worst outing of 2007 netted a 72.9 PR.

This year, he's had 4 games worse than that: Indy (59.0), NYG (38.5), Eagles (50.6), Skins (15.1). Of note is the fact that 3/4 of those are NFCE teams, whatever the significance; also, 2/4 we were holding significant leads that we pissed away (NYG, Indy).

His PR outside of those 4 games, though, ain't bad: average of two Ravens games, 81.3; two Bengals games, 101.1; two Browns games, 89.0; Cowboys, 80.9; Texans, 147.0; Jags, 100.6; Patriots, 75.2; Chargers, 96.4; and Titans, 86.4. We can point to bad plays in a lot of those games, but that's not a bad spread for a season, having 12/16 games in that range.

If you look at Ben's PR with those 4 worst PR removed, his PR comes to 92.55. That's a shade off last year's performance; fine. I think some fans and writers want to goat Ben, whereas I'm only willing to go so far as to critique certain individual plays. You expose Leftwich to 16 games of those same factors, and I promise you he wouldn't do as well.

As for playing Leftwich if Ben struggles on Sunday, well, let's just see how things go. As Wex mentions, we didn't have Miller or McFadden, and this time the Bolts are without LT. Weigh that against Ben's hoped-for post-concussion play.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:32 »

and Sweed looking about as close to NFL ready as I am.

LOL - Ain't it the truth though.

The young Mr. Sweed has 6 catches for 64 yards this year. He also got was flagged 3 times and fumbled. Not so great of a rookie season. Nate as the #3 got 40 grabs. Thats a pretty steep dropoff between #3 and #4 receivers. Of course, the Steelers rarely go with 4 WR's, even when they spread it out. It will be interesting to see if the FO thinks Limas can step up to #3, making Nate expendable, or if Nate gets an offer to stick around. And for those of you wondering about Dallas Baker, he managed 1 reception for 6 yards. With Holmes having a stoned(or un-stoned as the case may be) year, there isn't much depth behind Hines. There is potential, but that isn't exactly comforting. If Nate goes, Sweed is going to have to make a huge improvement, which I'm not so sure he is capable of.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:43 »

Keep in mind that Sweed is a rookie, which is always tough for a WR, and is around the 8th option behind Ward, Holmes, Heat, Nate, Moore, Parker, and Spaeth.   If we consistently ran 4-5 WRs out there, when we'd have a better idea of his ability.  But in this offense, he simply doesn't see the field.

Consider this his redshirt year.  Give him 2 more before we can make a decision.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:54 »

LAME_ASS SWEET IS A BUSSED!!!!!!!

RATARD MANDYBALL IS A BUSSED!!!!!!!!!!

WFT?~!?!?!?!/

WHY CANT" WE NEVER DARFT NO ONE GOOD?!?!?!?!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 11:53 »

WHY CANT" WE NEVER DARFT NO ONE GOOD?!?!?!?!

>>>>>HELLOOO<<<<<<  THE RAVINES DARFTED NO ONE GOOD IN THE FURST ROUNDS11!!!!  GET IT?Huh?

HE WUZZINT AFLAILABLE!!!!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 13:18 »

If Nate goes, Sweed is going to have to make a huge improvement, which I'm not so sure he is capable of.

IMO, if Nate goes, Pittsburgh will have to bring in a mid-tier FA WR.  One that can return punts would be a nice plus.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 13:37 »

If Nate goes, Sweed is going to have to make a huge improvement, which I'm not so sure he is capable of.

IMO, if Nate goes, Pittsburgh will have to bring in a mid-tier FA WR.  One that can return punts would be a nice plus.

SING TURRELL ONEWS!!!!!!!111

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 20:33 »

I hated the Sweed draft pick only slightly less than the Tony Hills pick.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: