Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 19:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What gives?  (Read 3387 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 08:39 »

I hated the Sweed draft pick only slightly less than the Tony Hills pick.

I didn't like the Hills pick at all either, but I'll admit that I was kinda happy about the Sweed pick.  At the time, I thought it was a steal.  He was so solid at Texas.  *shrug*  Guess the experts got that one right.  There's a reason he slipped out of the first round...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 09:12 »

I didn't like the Hills pick at all either, but I'll admit that I was kinda happy about the Sweed pick.  At the time, I thought it was a steal.  He was so solid at Texas.  *shrug*  Guess the experts got that one right.  There's a reason he slipped out of the first round...

Yeah, it's called a permanently damaged hand.  You really don't want to be drafting WRs with bum hands.  Or OLs with bum legs for that matter. 

This year Colbert prolly is targeting a RB with two blown knees.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 09:52 »

Yeah, it's called a permanently damaged hand.  You really don't want to be drafting WRs with bum hands.  Or OLs with bum legs for that matter. 

Injuries heal.  Maybe you wind up with a steal.  You draft a WR with the understanding that any good play his rookie year is icing.  I hold out hope for Sweed.

Hills seemed to have more serious injuries.  I don't know what the fuck to think there.  Haven't seen much of anything to base an opinion on.  Next great draft pick in the proud heritage of Mathias Nkwenti and Bo Lacy? 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 10:02 »

Injuries heal.  Maybe you wind up with a steal.  You draft a WR with the understanding that any good play his rookie year is icing.  I hold out hope for Sweed.

Hills seemed to have more serious injuries.  I don't know what the fuck to think there.  Haven't seen much of anything to base an opinion on.  Next great draft pick in the proud heritage of Mathias Nkwenti and Bo Lacy? 

Yeah yeah I know it takes wr's a while to develop.  Maybe Sweed will pan out, I'm just sick of Colbert's project picks. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 10:09 »

Yeah yeah I know it takes wr's a while to develop.  Maybe Sweed will pan out, I'm just sick of Colbert's project picks. 

Agreed...think we can package Colbert and Arians for a 7th rounder?  They're worth at least as much as Mahan!

Maybe a couple of undrafted free agents?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 10:37 »

>>>>>>>>>>HELLO<<<<<<<<<< SING JOOEY HORNY!!!!11!!! LAMEASS TWEED AINT GOING 2 B NUTHIN!! CAN U SAY BUSTE??!!??SIZE 44DDD!!HAHAHA. IF THE STEALERS DARFTED LIKE THE BALTITMORE THEY WOULD CHAMPS!!! NOT THE CHUMPANZEE'S THEY GOT NOWE!!!HAHAHAHA..TONY HILLZ?Huh? WHO DA HELL IZ DAT???!!!??? GUY CANT WALK, OR PLAYS FOOTBALLERS!!! WHAT A JOKE. JOOEY HORNY IS A PERUVIAN PLAYA AND HE IS GOODE. IDOITS!!!HAHAHAHA

KTBFFH
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: