Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 04:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Mel Kiper was in front of me right now  (Read 1181 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 00:12 »

The guy was born in Baltimore, so that explains a good bit.  He should stick to what he knows best, like getting 80% of the draft wrong every year.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 14:34 »

Not real sure how accurate the play-by-plays are from NFL.com, but apparantly the last time any offense was called for Holding while playing the Steelers was back in the fourth quarter...

against the washington redskins.  Shocked

2nd in the league in sacks, #1 pressure D in the league, and no holding calls for in 6 weeks of football.

do the math kiper, you two bit hack

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 14:44 »

Not real sure how accurate the play-by-plays are from NFL.com, but apparantly the last time any offense was called for Holding while playing the Steelers was back in the fourth quarter...

2nd in the league in sacks, #1 pressure D in the league, and no holding calls for in 6 weeks of football.

Wow, I knew the lack of holding calls was bad, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Favorable calls my ass.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 15:33 »

Wow.  If true then it's something Tomlin has to point out to the officiating crews and the league office.  There is no way that 1) it should be allowed and 2) opposing offensive lines are playing 100% hold-free. 

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 06:26 »

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3782674

After listening to that douche, all I want to do is rip his hair helmet off....M&M mad it kinda tolerable, laughing at his ass, though. 

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 11:56 »

Mayock's Philly accent is annoying, but he's pretty damned good at breaking down draft prospects.  Who the fuck is Kiper?  Kiper?  You kiddin' me with that Kiper shit???

Is Mayock the guy on the NFL network?  If so, he usually has pretty good stuff.  Far as I'm concerned, Kiper is a devo-wigged empty shirt.  Nothing more than a crappy brand created and perpetuated by the World Wide Suck of Sports.

Yeah, same guy.  I wasn't sold on Matt Ryan as a #1 pick, but Mayock was slobbering all over him last year.  He also isn't afraid to be a bit of an iconoclast in what seems to be a very conservative, "do what everybody else is doing" draft guru world.  He'll drop a guy three rounds if he doesn't see him as a R1 guy, or he'll put a guy in R1 no one else thinks belongs there.  Seems pretty good at breaking down actual film, unlike Kiper, who is a hype and fluff repackager.

Mayock is tops, without question.

He was the guy that had high praises for Anthony Smith the year he came out.  Called him a solid sleeper safety pick.  To his credit, I remember him saying that he'd come with baggage though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: