Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 16:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens-Sabres  (Read 451 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 22, 2008 at 18:18 »

Not a good way to start...We'll get these cocksuckers though. They got lucky last time.

Assuming we don't shit to bed like we have in the past couple games anyway. Go Pens!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 20:41 »

Sid scores! I would have liked to see us take care of business in regulation, but a win right now is pretty big for us considering the way we've been playing lately.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 21:02 »

At this point, I would have been content with getting out of there with one point.

And to this day, Edzo continues to make an ass out of himself every time the Penguins play on Versus. Stop with the sour grapes already. You couldn't get it done as a HC, that's not our fault. Plus, I do not recall any of the other organizations in the league knocking down his door after we fired him. Get over it already Edzo, it's not healthy.

I also love how this Versus crew kept punching home the point that Sid was on a ten game scoring drought. How about taking your head out of your ass and then take a look at who this kid is paired up with every night. The crew at Versus is about as dense and idiotic as some of the fans are when it comes to talking about Crosby.

When did Sid score in OT tonight? When he was on a line with Malkin. Go figure.

Sorry for the rant. I simply hate watching hockey on Versus. Anyways, good win tonight. Much needed and bring on Pittsburgh South. 
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 23:03 »

Also, it was great to see Goligoski get two goals tonight.  He now leads all rookie defensemen.  Just coming along beautifullly and how you send him down after the way he has played is beyond me.  Sending the kid down to the minors after the way he progressed would do wonders for his confidence.....

"Hey kid, you played great, have fun playing back down in the minors, see ya". 
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2008 at 23:11 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
whitmer_87

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 23:34 »

I hear ya, versus blows. The presentation is pretty, especially in HD, but other than that it's got absolutely nothing to offer. I missed the old ESPN crew of Gary Thorn and Bill Clement. I don't care for most of the things Clement says, but Thorn was just fantastic IMO. Just another example of our commish Gary Betman running the sport into the ground. I know a lot of people don't find hockey interesting, but I think if if was marketed properly and on ESPN it would have better success. Attendance is up this year, and almost at the level of the NBA. No reason why hockey can't be as popular as the NBA, no reason at all.

Anyhow, glad we got the dubbya tonight. We really needed it obviously. Goligoski played great tonight, and continues to be a bright spot. I don't see them sending him down when Whitney is back (unless I missed something that said they were going to). I'd like to see him and Whitney playing the point on the pp. Geno has played well up there, but with as many times as Satan missed the damn net, maybe it's best for him to be down low opposite of Sid making plays and actually putting the damn puck in the net. Throw Sykora in there, and we'd probably have the best unit in the league. Just my humble ass opinion though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: