Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 05:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from the game - met the Bus  (Read 2738 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 22, 2008 at 20:55 »

Just got back from Cashville. The game was disappointing to say the least, but aside from the L, it was a pretty cool experience. First, I thought my seats were going to be a few rows behind the Titans' bench between the 20 and 30. Lo and behold, the director of player relations for the Titans hooked my bro up with tickets almost exactly on the 50 and six rows behind the STEELERS bench. Sweet, right?

After the disappointing (deliberately, I think...as many of you have mentioned the Steelers were vanilla and I echo those sentiments) game, I headed to the aformentioned LenDale White b-day party (I want LenDale aka Showcase to be a Steeler, BTW). I was hoping to run into Snoop Dogg and I did, but the real treat was meeting and getting my pic taken with Jerome Bettis. Also, homeboy partied until about 5 in the a.m. according to my bro.

If I could figure out how to post pics, I would...if anyone wants to see 'em, let me know how to post them.

Shitty game, but getting to meet my all-time favorite Steeler (and the person who is the main reason my wife roots for the Steelers) made the trip worthwhile.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 23:19 »

That's awesome, congratulations!

I would love to see them if you can figure out how to post them!!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 00:39 »

To upload photos just click the "gallery" link on the menu at the top.  From there click one of the galleries.  Then click "mass upload" which pops up a file dialog where you choose all the photos to upload.  Then click upload and that's it.

Get those suckers up there!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 07:03 »

Nice!  Would love to meet that guy.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 08:27 »

To upload photos just click the "gallery" link on the menu at the top.  From there click one of the galleries.  Then click "mass upload" which pops up a file dialog where you choose all the photos to upload.  Then click upload and that's it.

Can a picture poster delete pictures from the gallery?  I was going to delete all but one or two that I posted.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:24 »

Hmmm...I tried both approaches (mass vs. individual), but none seem to be working. The files are each 2MB - would that pose any problems? Or, is there lag time between submission and actual posting?

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:32 »

Hmmm...I tried both approaches (mass vs. individual), but none seem to be working. The files are each 2MB - would that pose any problems? Or, is there lag time between submission and actual posting?

2MB should be fine and there's no lag time.  Are you seeing any messages?  It should be a straightforward thing.  After you make the selections then there's a screen that shows the files you picked.  They you click "upload" and should see progress bars as they load.  Then you have to click "submit" to finalize.

Did all that happen?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:36 »

When I tried the mass upload, the message indicated that 100 percent of the first image uploaded (37 percent of all images), but then the uploading stopped (i.e. pics 2 and 3 never began the upload process).

I'm at the in-laws and they have DSL. Maybe that's causing some problems.

I'll rack 'em up and break 'em again.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:36 »

Can a picture poster delete pictures from the gallery?  I was going to delete all but one or two that I posted.

You sure can.  But it's a one-at-a-time thing.  You have to click each one and chose "delete"  below the photo.  One thing the gallery needs is the ability to delete from the thumbnails.  Well, let me check, perhaps that's an option that's just not enabled - will report back.

Disk space is unlimited so feel free to leave 'em.  

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:38 »

When I tried the mass upload, the message indicated that 100 percent of the first image uploaded (37 percent of all images), but then the uploading stopped (i.e. pics 2 and 3 never began the upload process).

I'm at the in-laws and they have DSL. Maybe that's causing some problems.

I'll rack 'em up and break 'em again.

I've only mass uploaded about 5 pics and they were all under 100 K just for testing.  If it doesn't work please try the single file option.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 11:04 »

That looks like SUCCESS!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 11:07 »

That looks like SUCCESS!

But those aren't 2MB.  Did you have to scale them down for the upload to work?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 11:23 »

That looks like SUCCESS!

But those aren't 2MB.  Did you have to scale them down for the upload to work?

Yeah, I cropped some meaningless shit out to get the file size down; >1MB seems to pose some issues. Sorry for all the lame pics from the same series. The game pics had reduced dimensions to begin with for some reason.

jasonic

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 11:41 »

thanks JoeT...that bus pic is SWEET!  he always has that 5th ring, million dollar smile going on.  What's the deal with Snoop?  i always see him in Steeler gear and he's saying he's a big steeler fan so WTF is up with the Titan's hat?   just because they won?  WEAK...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Joetorious

« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 11:47 »

thanks JoeT...that bus pic is SWEET!  he always has that 5th ring, million dollar smile going on.  What's the deal with Snoop?  i always see him in Steeler gear and he's saying he's a big steeler fan so WTF is up with the Titan's hat?   just because they won?  WEAK...

No problem. During the game, he was rockin' some serious Steelers gear beneath Titans jacket. I guess out of respect/obligation to his "host" (LenDale), he decided rocking Steelers gear from head-to-toe at his birthday party would be akin to shitting on him.

I was glad the Bus smiled, as some of the other players were dicks about that. Also, just seconds before the pic was taken, I almost spilled his drink when I inadvertantly bumped into him. He made a nice recovery and was all smiles.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:12 »

You sure can.  But it's a one-at-a-time thing.  You have to click each one and chose "delete"  below the photo.  One thing the gallery needs is the ability to delete from the thumbnails.  Well, let me check, perhaps that's an option that's just not enabled - will report back.

When I open a picture, I see Poster Info, some jibberish about camera info, Item info and below that the approve/unapprove buttons.  Don't see nutn bout delete.  Am I missing something?

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:27 »

When I open a picture, I see Poster Info, some jibberish about camera info, Item info and below that the approve/unapprove buttons.  Don't see nutn bout delete.  Am I missing something?

I'll check the permissions, that has to be it.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:41 »

I headed to the aformentioned LenDale White b-day party (I want LenDale aka Showcase to be a Steeler, BTW).

After his sideline performance last week, I can pretty much guarantee that ain't happening in this lifetime.  We aren't the Cowboys signing TO after he disrespected the star - twice.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:47 »

I headed to the aformentioned LenDale White b-day party (I want LenDale aka Showcase to be a Steeler, BTW).

After his sideline performance last week, I can pretty much guarantee that ain't happening in this lifetime.  We aren't the Cowboys signing TO after he disrespected the star - twice.

Can we sign TO?

I'd be willing to give up all our first round picks for the next five years, plus throw Ty Law in the mix!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:51 »

It was the permissions.  Check it now - if there's no delete button then logout and back in, try again.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Joetorious

« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:58 »

Did he stomp on the TT too? I know Bullock did.

Anyway, regardless of what he did, I'd love to have a big, bruising RB who's capable of picking up the tough yards and inflicting pain on defenders simultaneoulsy.

BleedGreen710

« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 14:37 »

That whole trip sounds amazing!  I can't see the pictures though!  Where or what do I have to do to view them??

eck02 Huh?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 16:03 »

To view pics, click the "Gallery" link on the menu near the top - under "Hello BleedGreen710."

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2008 at 09:33 »

It was the permissions.  Check it now - if there's no delete button then logout and back in, try again.

Thanks

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 14:45 »

What's the deal with Snoop?  i always see him in Steeler gear and he's saying he's a big steeler fan so WTF is up with the Titan's hat?   just because they won?  WEAK...

Personally, I don't care one way or the other if he's a Steeler fan or not, but found this today for what it's worth...

http://img263.imageshack.us/i/0806snoopdogspl11588800.jpg/

Nice hat you dope.  Makes sense.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2009 at 14:47 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Joetorious

« Reply #25 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 22:00 »

Damn, homie - you went waaaayy back in the archives to retrieve this thread. How did you even find it?

Secondly, WTF is up with the Gavens hat?

Thirdly, homeboy holding the umbrella looks like the guy Avon Barksdale hired in The Wire to hold shit down for him while he was in prison.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 09:06 »

Damn, homie - you went waaaayy back in the archives to retrieve this thread. How did you even find it?

Search.

Secondly, WTF is up with the Gavens hat?

I have seen this guy wear Raiders, Patriots, Titans and now Ravens gear.

Thirdly, homeboy holding the umbrella looks like the guy Avon Barksdale hired in The Wire to hold shit down for him while he was in prison.

Never watched The Wire, but I'd love to know what that guy get's paid just to hold an umbrella.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 09:32 »

Interesting, I could've sworn that Snoop used to root for the Steelers.

And those of you that have STILL not got around to catching "The Wire," man, rent that on DVD ASAP.

That's some spectacular television.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #28 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 14:41 »

And those of you that have STILL not got around to catching "The Wire," man, rent that on DVD ASAP.

That's some spectacular television.

I watched it as a series.  One of the best ever IMO, loved it.  Great actors, writing and characters - had it all.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 16:33 »

I've flipped it on and caught bits and piece of "The Wire", but I wasn't very interested in it.  I watched "The Sopranos" religiously and I also enjoyed "Deadwood".  "The Wire" is ondemand right now, so I might give it another try since HBO has completely sucked ever since "The Sopranos" ended.

Thankfully, next March or April they will be airing "The Pacific".  Another Spielberg/Hanks WWII mini-series based on the Pacific theater.  That is the only reason why I have kept HBO.  Everything else stinks on that channel, the documentaries in particular.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #30 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 17:10 »

Deadwood was right up there with it, but they wrapped it up rather abruptly; for some reason HBO just yanked it.  Give The Wire a chance though.  Each season they focus on a different part of the city:  police force, drug trade, school system, newspaper, etc.  So while there are always some main characters, the focus shifts and comes back around over time and they aren't afraid to kill off a great character.  The Wire deserves all the praise it gets.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 17:39 »

Deadwood was right up there with it, but they wrapped it up rather abruptly; for some reason HBO just yanked it.  Give The Wire a chance though.  Each season they focus on a different part of the city:  police force, drug trade, school system, newspaper, etc.  So while there are always some main characters, the focus shifts and comes back around over time and they aren't afraid to kill off a great character.  The Wire deserves all the praise it gets.

It just stinks that it starts off in season four on HBO ondemand.  I'm sure Hollywood video would have the past seasons on DVD.  Do you know how many seasons there are in total jonzr?  Is it over or is the series still running?
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009 at 17:41 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
jasonic

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 22:18 »

the spike lee katrina docs weren't too bad but definitely rock the Wire.  I was sick for a week and a half and borrowed all the DVDs and watched all 5 seasons pretty much nonstop.  Guaranteed awesome.

as for the Umbrella guy, all I know is the guy that held P. Diddy's umbrella has his own show now - From G's to Gents.  it's pretty bad but very humorous for all the right reasons.  If you're ever feeling down about yourself, watch an episode and you'll bounce right back.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #33 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 22:19 »

I think The Wire was 5 seasons (maybe 6) and it wrapped last year.  I'd certainly advise against jumping in at the 4th season.  I guess you could, but watching it from the start would be ideal.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 23:05 »

the spike lee katrina docs weren't too bad

I can't watch anything that man makes.  I wanted to see Miracle at St. Anna, but after finding out that he was the director I changed my mind.  I watched "Assault in the Ring" last week and that was pretty good.  Did you catch it jasonic?  Pretty messed up.  That has really been the only documentary on HBO that I actually enjoyed in a long time.

as for the Umbrella guy, all I know is the guy that held P. Diddy's umbrella has his own show now - From G's to Gents.  it's pretty bad but very humorous for all the right reasons.  If you're ever feeling down about yourself, watch an episode and you'll bounce right back.

It seems like just about everyone and anyone can get a reality tv show these days.

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009 at 23:07 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 23:09 »

I think The Wire was 5 seasons (maybe 6) and it wrapped last year.  I'd certainly advise against jumping in at the 4th season.  I guess you could, but watching it from the start would be ideal.

Yeah, I can't watch a series if I have not seen it from the beginning.  I'll give it a try tomorrow.  Thanks for the info jonzr. 
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 06:38 »

PghSteel,

You really have to watch "Wire" in order from the beginning. It is a show with a ton of characters, and little threads of storyline, sometimes that take several seasons to wrap up.  Every season has a master storyline, but each season harkens back to the previous as well.

It's not "Law and Order", you can't just catch an episode to enjoy. It's worth the time to check it out.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #37 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 12:20 »

the spike lee katrina docs weren't too bad but definitely rock the Wire. 

Yeah, I thought the Katrina docs were very good.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic

« Reply #38 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 15:16 »

usually I am not a spike lee fan besides do the right thing, he got game (not sure why but i loved it) and I was shocked he was the director of Inside Man.  not his style at all of movie.  the kobe documentary was unwatchable, so bad and even worse because he stole the idea from a documentary about Zidane where they followed him for a whole game with 30 cameras and I heard it was awesome (if you like soccer) but unfortunately i can't find it anywhere on DVD. 

I haven't seen the Assault in the Ring but I'll check it out.  just watched Bloods and Crips by Stacy peralta who did the Dogtown and the surfing doc which were pretty awesome.  It was ok, i'd give it a look if you're interested in that shiznit, thankfully no snoop wearing ravens gear in it.....saw hurt locker last night, it was pretty intense.  recommended.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 18:55 »

Heard good things about Hurt Locker as well.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 22:40 »

saw hurt locker last night, it was pretty intense.  recommended.

While I'm always skeptical when it comes to Hollywood and war movies, that actually looked very good and well done.  I would like to see it.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 at 22:42 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: