Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 21, 2014 at 07:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 in a row folks  (Read 1950 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 23, 2008 at 20:09 »

We know the last time an opposing team played with our towel what happened," Steelers inside linebacker Larry Foote said.

The Steelers reeled off eight consecutive wins after that loss to the Bengals en route to the Super Bowl XL title.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_604113.html

4 in a row now, all we need is to find a little bit of a running game.  I think Moore may be the answer with Parker giving him the rest.  Hell this might just lite a fire in Parker's ass.  We have to be able to run the ball some in the playoffs and I think we can.  If we can 4 in a row is not out of the question

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 20:22 »

I know you're including the Cleveland game, but really, don't we only have to win 3 in a row?

Hell, I'm all for playing Dennis Dixon on Sunday and don't so much care for the outcome.  But the 3 after that?  Now, I care about those.
 headbang
 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
The Emperor

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 20:23 »

I know you're including the Cleveland game, but really, don't we only have to win 3 in a row?

Hell, I'm all for playing Dennis Dixon on Sunday and don't so much care for the outcome.  But the 3 after that?  Now, I care about those.
 headbang
 eck02

Ya but are practice squad could beat them!

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 20:44 »

I think Sunday would be a great day to see what Gary Russell can do as a feature back.

For the playoffs, send Mewelde out on some WR routes.  Have him split out as a WR with FWP in the backfield, have him be the come-backer on the checkdown.  Send FWP in motion and send him out as a WR, see if he can haul in a deep pass.  Mix the shit up.  Get some RB on DB mismatches downfield in YAC. 

Quit trying to have Spaeth and Miller in to block, and bring in Essex on an unbalanced set as a tackle-eligible.  Or Capizzi.  Whatever.  Try some new formations, for shit's sake.

Get the ball to the RBs outside.  Pitch it.  Fake inside, break out.  Whatever.  I see all these runs inside for nada, and the outside is blissfully open.

Can we work on RB and WR screens?

I'm seeing more shots downfield lately, which is good.  They're not working, which is bad.  But don't stop trying, that ability to go deep was a big part of our '07 success.  Holmes has really disappeared, but Nate is doing OK.  Here again, if 10 and even 85 are being covered, why not 21 or 39?

Miller down the middle for 10 seems to work consistently.  So why is 8 catches in a game 83's career high?

We took a shot at Sweed downfield in Tenn., and it didn't work.  OK fine, kudos for trying.  Next year, K?  I don't think the kid's ready.  I like him, but he's a year away. 

Use a FB.  Use Davis.  Use McHugh.  Whatever.  Use a TE.  But let's try clearing the cattle from the tracks once in a while?  Instead of having our HB meet the LB at the LOS?  Remember Kreider plastering Ray Ray, aka, the good old days?

Good to see Ben running a bit more.  Now, how about some designed runs? 

Note to BA: when teams like the Titans are consistently penetrating your OL, have a safety valve (e.g., Moore in the flat) and have Ben dump to it if the line collapses.  Also, a TE safety about 5 yards out on a little button would be a nice alternative for a shovel.

Holmes needed a fire lit under his ass back when he was caught with the doobage.  Now it may be too late.  I would have promoted 85 at least temporarily.  In fact, still might consider it.  10 has had too many recent lapses, drops, looks like he's still chock full o' THC.  Let him work his way back.  He's not entitled to the starting job.

More no 'uddle, please!  Why save it for the last 4 minutes of the game?  Let's use it throughout, to keep defenses off balance.  Besides, Ben's a better OC than BA.

Why do we not move Colon inside to guard?  He's got short arms.  He's strong and squatty, rather than fleet of foot and a top-down dominator.  He's... a guard.  He could be our best guard, the enforcer Kemo hasn't turned out to be.  Stapleton had a bad day, but he looks solid for the most part at guard, and could be a better LG than RG.  Colon to RG, Staples to LG, Kemo walks.  Draft an OG.  Draft a RT.  Case closed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 20:51 »

I think Sunday would be a great day to see what Gary Russell can do as a feature back.

For the playoffs, send Mewelde out on some WR routes.  Have him split out as a WR with FWP in the backfield, have him be the come-backer on the checkdown.  Send FWP in motion and send him out as a WR, see if he can haul in a deep pass.  Mix the shit up.  Get some RB on DB mismatches downfield in YAC. 

Quit trying to have Spaeth and Miller in to block, and bring in Essex on an unbalanced set as a tackle-eligible.  Or Capizzi.  Whatever.  Try some new formations, for shit's sake.

Get the ball to the RBs outside.  Pitch it.  Fake inside, break out.  Whatever.  I see all these runs inside for nada, and the outside is blissfully open.

Can we work on RB and WR screens?

I'm seeing more shots downfield lately, which is good.  They're not working, which is bad.  But don't stop trying, that ability to go deep was a big part of our '07 success.  Holmes has really disappeared, but Nate is doing OK.  Here again, if 10 and even 85 are being covered, why not 21 or 39?

Miller down the middle for 10 seems to work consistently.  So why is 8 catches in a game 83's career high?

We took a shot at Sweed downfield in Tenn., and it didn't work.  OK fine, kudos for trying.  Next year, K?  I don't think the kid's ready.  I like him, but he's a year away. 

Use a FB.  Use Davis.  Use McHugh.  Whatever.  Use a TE.  But let's try clearing the cattle from the tracks once in a while?  Instead of having our HB meet the LB at the LOS?  Remember Kreider plastering Ray Ray, aka, the good old days?

Good to see Ben running a bit more.  Now, how about some designed runs? 

Note to BA: when teams like the Titans are consistently penetrating your OL, have a safety valve (e.g., Moore in the flat) and have Ben dump to it if the line collapses.  Also, a TE safety about 5 yards out on a little button would be a nice alternative for a shovel.

Holmes needed a fire lit under his ass back when he was caught with the doobage.  Now it may be too late.  I would have promoted 85 at least temporarily.  In fact, still might consider it.  10 has had too many recent lapses, drops, looks like he's still chock full o' THC.  Let him work his way back.  He's not entitled to the starting job.

More no 'uddle, please!  Why save it for the last 4 minutes of the game?  Let's use it throughout, to keep defenses off balance.  Besides, Ben's a better OC than BA.

Why do we not move Colon inside to guard?  He's got short arms.  He's strong and squatty, rather than fleet of foot and a top-down dominator.  He's... a guard.  He could be our best guard, the enforcer Kemo hasn't turned out to be.  Stapleton had a bad day, but he looks solid for the most part at guard, and could be a better LG than RG.  Colon to RG, Staples to LG, Kemo walks.  Draft an OG.  Draft a RT.  Case closed.

Finny for OC!!
 headbang headbang headbang
 eck02 eck02 eck02

The Emperor

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 17:33 »

4 in a row now, all we need is to find a little bit of a running game.  I think Moore may be the answer with Parker giving him the rest.  Hell this might just lite a fire in Parker's ass.  We have to be able to run the ball some in the playoffs and I think we can.  If we can 4 in a row is not out of the question

[/quote]

2 More folks!

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 19:38 »

2 More folks!
[/quote]

Yeah, but I don't think starting Moore and spelling him with Parker was the "answer".

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 21:34 »

2 More folks!

Neither was playing Gary Coleman.

Oh wait.  Wrong thread.
 coolsmiley

Yeah, but I don't think starting Moore and spelling him with Parker was the "answer".
[/quote]

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 23:24 »

2 More folks!

Oh wait.  Wrong thread.
 coolsmiley

[/quote]

Personally, I never advocated started Moore or Leftwich, but some guys pull out earlier than others.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 08:28 »

2 More folks!

Oh wait.  Wrong thread.
 coolsmiley

Personally, I never advocated started Moore or Leftwich, but some guys pull out earlier than others.
[/quote]

Yes they do.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: