Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 17:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andre Deveaux  (Read 1001 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 20, 2008 at 19:46 »

Is a fucking pussy! You're a hockey player, drop the fucking gloves you pansy! We get penalized because Gandhi here doesn't wanna fight. And of course, they score. Fuck this.

5-1

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 20:11 »

and what the fuck is Geno's problem? That's the second time he gave them a goal by turning it over in his own end. This game blows.

6-2

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 09:14 »

While it may help, it's going to take more than getting Gonchar and Whitney back in order for this team to compete. Out shot 40-23. That was the worst game I have seen this team play in recent memory. It was disgusting.

The whole team looked like hell from start to finish. Plain and simple. Shero needs to make a move.  If the Flyers and this past Leafs game is not proof enough, I'm not exactly sure what it will take.
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2008 at 09:21 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
whitmer_87

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 10:17 »

Couldn't agree more. The whole team played like shit, but I do want to call someone out. Doesn't it seem like Satan is just going through the motions? If he played with with half as much intensity as Max or Kennedy he'd be our top winger. I know his trade value is low, but I hope Shero ships his ass outta here. I don't care what we get for him. At least the AHLers like Stone and Taffe actually try. I'd much rather have one of them out there instead at this point.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 10:43 »

Couldn't agree more. The whole team played like shit, but I do want to call someone out. Doesn't it seem like Satan is just going through the motions? If he played with with half as much intensity as Max or Kennedy he'd be our top winger. I know his trade value is low, but I hope Shero ships his ass outta here. I don't care what we get for him. At least the AHLers like Stone and Taffe actually try. I'd much rather have one of them out there instead at this point.

I don't know if he's dogging it so much as he's just not a good hockey player at this stage of his career. He's not just a slow skater, but his reaction time seems to be shit as he misses plenty of oppurtunities in front of the net.

Early on people would say "but he's on pace for 50-60 points." Whatthefuckever. I haven't seen him score a goal all year that wasn't either beatifully setup by 87 or 71, on the PP, or both.

whitmer_87

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:36 »

The majority of them have been garbage goals on the pp. I've said it before, positioning on the pp is huge, but that's all he has to offer. And that's not enough to merit a spot on the first line. With our current roster, I think Dupuis and Max would be the best options for the first line. I think Sykora is our best winger, but he and Geno have some chemistry and there is no point in breaking them up.

We've been saying it all year: we need a solid winger for the first line! You've gotta think that Shero is trying to cook something up...

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 23:57 »

Preaching to the choir when it comes to Satan. I don't think it has anything to do with his age. Remember, there were rumors surrounding Satan's work ethic and overall attitude long before the Penguins decided to sign him. Yet, excuses were made for the guy by some and now we are seeing it every other night. There are plenty of players in this league much older than Satan who are capable of showing up every night. 

Once again, I'm not expecting the guy to score three goals every night or play like Marian Hossa, but I do expect him to show up every night and hustle just like every other player on that roster. For $3.5 million, we should expect more out of the guy.  It's not like we are paying him in peanuts for Pete's sake.  He's getting a nice paycheck in Pittsburgh and for what? Showing up when he feels like it and scoring on open nets (and he even misses those on regular basis).

Personally, I would have no problem packaging him in a trade, freeing up that cash, sending him on his way and letting him half-ass it in another city for what we are paying him.  When it comes to Shero, I have to believe he has been looking at trade options over the last month-month and a half. Hell, he went out and got Hossa last season because he felt this team and Sidney Crosby's line in particular needed some type of boost.  I can't imagine him being happy with the way that offense has been looking.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 19:29 »

The majority of them have been garbage goals on the pp. I've said it before, positioning on the pp is huge, but that's all he has to offer. And that's not enough to merit a spot on the first line. With our current roster, I think Dupuis and Max would be the best options for the first line. I think Sykora is our best winger, but he and Geno have some chemistry and there is no point in breaking them up.

We've been saying it all year: we need a solid winger for the first line! You've gotta think that Shero is trying to cook something up...

At this point, I would throw Malkin on Sid's line and let them play together.  I hate the idea, but I think Therrien is out of options.  Satan has been bumped down to the second line tonight against Boston because he hasn't done a damn thing out there.  They had Gogo playing wing the other night.  They have called up just about every WBS prospect at one point or another this season.  What else can the man do besides pair them? 

Unfortunately, pairing Malkin and Sid will work against the Atlanta Thrashers and New York Islanders, but teams like the Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks will shut that down real quick.  Like I said though, we are out of options with this current roster, so do we really have a choice at this point in time?  We might as well get at least some offensive production out of a team who is currently stocked with career third and fourth liners.....outside of Malkin, Crosby and an aging Petr Sykora.

Btw, it's looking like we are going to lose another one tonight against Boston.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009 at 19:43 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: