Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 07:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens-Debs  (Read 496 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 26, 2008 at 21:27 »

Nice win tonight, lots of hard work at both ends, and a bit of luck (and bad aim) to boot.

Although Orpik gave the puck away a time or two, it was nice to see him clear the crease on the pk.  Perhaps Therrien's rant really did light a fire, we'll find out tomorrow when the dipsy doodling Habs come to town. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 22:33 »

It definately was not a pretty or impressive win for sure considering our PP continues to look like shit and our top line wingers can't put the puck away, but I'll definately take the two points.

Also, I would like to take this time to thank Marc Andre Fleury, he's the only reason why we got out of there with two points tonight.  37 friggin saves.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 01:53 »

And we turn around and lose to the Canadiens.

3 goals in 3 games.  Enough said when it comes to this offense.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 23:24 »

And now the expected (at least for me) downward spiral.

No heart, no desire and complete lack of talent on the first two lines to be able to compete with teams like the Bruins, Sharks, Rangers and Flyers.  Hell, I think it's safe to say that this current roster (even with Gonchar, Ziggy and TK) can be beaten by ANY team at ANY time and at ANY place.

I wonder if it's time to yet?  Or should we wait until March and then make a move at the last minute?  Does this team still need time to gel?  Should we continue to wait for career third and fourth line wingers to magically turn into first and second line talent?

Therrien can only say and do so much with a team that lacks the desire and the talent to win.  The ball is in Shero's court.

« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2008 at 23:26 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: