Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 03:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report from B-more  (Read 3920 times)
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 00:07 »

Joey Porter, his abdominals, and home-field advantage > a rook coach/QB combo....right?

THIS IS DECEMBER FOOTBALL, MEN

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 08:38 »

Joey Porter, his abdominals, and home-field advantage > a rook coach/QB combo....right?

THIS IS DECEMBER FOOTBALL, MEN

WHAT DOSE JOYCE PORTERS' ABOMINABLES HAVE ANYTHING TOO DOO WITH WHO WILL WINE THIS GAME, JOCE?!?  THE PORBLEM IS THE CHEPASS RONNEYS, YOU KNOW SOME TEAM IUS OUT THERE GETTING THE BESS FREE ANGENTS BECUZ THEY OPEN UP THE CHECK BOK, BUT NOT ART AND DAN RONNEY, NO SIRREEE.  WHOEVER WIN THIS GAME, LOOK AT WH9O THEY BRUNG IN, THE DOOFINS WERE 1-156 LASS YEAR, UM HELLO...  GET ON THE HORN TO SCAB PENNINGINGTON, AND LOOKEE HEAR, SUDDENLY THEY IN THE PLAYOFF,... CONCIDENCE  >>>>I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!<<<<<<<<   THE RAVINES SING FABIO WASHINTON WHEN THE RADDERS DINT WANT HIM... BAD MOVE?  WELL HE DOIN OK NOW, GUESS WHO THE SMART ONES IS?!?  WHY DINT WE DARFT JOAN FALCO, INSTEAD THE RONNEYS SAYS "hEY LETS CEHEAPP IT OUT HERE AND SING SOME RUNG BACK, THE DAMN KID IS INJURED AND CAN YOU SAY "BUSSED??!?"  >>>>>>>>>>>IDIOTS<<<<<<<<<<<<< SO YOU LITTEL SISSIES CAN TALK ABOUT JOY PROTERS ABLIMINALS ALL YOU WANT BUT I'LL TELL YOU WHOSE GONNA BE LAUGHIN IN TAMPA THIS YEAR WHEN THEY LIFT THE LOMBRADY, AND IT WONT BE BEN "CHUMP' RUFFINSBLARGER...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 10:59 »

So that's Puma and Brinker to add to the dead pool...

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 16:49 »

I'mnot sure of the rules, but the one tha I am requires and AP release on the death.  Unless I some how make it about being a Steelers fan, I doubt I make it.  Feel free to use me though, at least something good would come it then.

PUMA
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 00:26 »

I'mnot sure of the rules, but the one tha I am requires and AP release on the death.  Unless I some how make it about being a Steelers fan, I doubt I make it.  Feel free to use me though, at least something good would come it then.

PUMA

Ours just requires a wikipedia entry, and I'm pretty sure I could arrange that for you.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 00:54 »

Has anyone heard anything about Brinker and his melon? Maybe it's too late to add him to the pool... shit

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Spen

« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 11:36 »

So, after the Rat clinched their playoff spot yesterday, the crazies are out in fool force.  Apparently, as long as they don't have to play the Colts, the Ravens are a cinch to win the AFC.  The Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, and Chargers don't scare them at all. 

Does anyone ever feel this way about the Steelers?  I usually think that they aren't going to do well but the majority of this city seems to think that the Ravens are the team to beat...

I have to move.

PUMA

I havent talked to anyone like that. Not one person. Now most everyone I know liked the Ravens chances against the Dolphins but knew it was going to be much tougher after that game.

I knew I didnt want to play the Colts or the Steelers. As for the Titans I am not sure I have seen them play all year, that was the one Raven game I missed this season. I cannot recall watching them play anyone else.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2009 at 11:48 by Spen » Logged
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 12:19 »

I have heard that repeatedly at work and heard essentially the same argument spouted on 105.7 all last week.  The exact quote from Ken Weinman was the Ravens have the easiest path to the Super Bowl and they will make it as long as they don't have to face the Colts.  I asked Mrs. Puma if I heard it right and she said it back verbatim. 

It is what drives me nuts about this town.  Last year, when they went 5-11, all the purple went away and nobody wanted to talk football.  Now, at 11-5 and in the playoffs, everyone wants to come and give their resident Steeler fan shit even though all I do is wear my Steelers tie to work and have my Steelers coffee mug.  I have no problem with supporting your local team and that I and in the wrong market.  I also get that there are asses on all sides of the football and that some Ravens fans that are friends are knowledgeable and good fans that you can have a football conversation with but to be the whipping boy for all the jerks, gets a little old. 

PUMA
Spen

« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 14:55 »

I have heard that repeatedly at work and heard essentially the same argument spouted on 105.7 all last week.  The exact quote from Ken Weinman was the Ravens have the easiest path to the Super Bowl and they will make it as long as they don't have to face the Colts.  I asked Mrs. Puma if I heard it right and she said it back verbatim. 

It is what drives me nuts about this town.  Last year, when they went 5-11, all the purple went away and nobody wanted to talk football.  Now, at 11-5 and in the playoffs, everyone wants to come and give their resident Steeler fan shit even though all I do is wear my Steelers tie to work and have my Steelers coffee mug.  I have no problem with supporting your local team and that I and in the wrong market.  I also get that there are asses on all sides of the football and that some Ravens fans that are friends are knowledgeable and good fans that you can have a football conversation with but to be the whipping boy for all the jerks, gets a little old. 

PUMA

Oh sports talk radio, I cant listen to that. It seems to me that after a win everyone thinks their team is going all the way and after a loss everyone thinks their team sucks eggs. And upwards of 75% of sports radio callers can barely piece together a coherent comment. Basing an opinion on a city's fanbase by listening to sports radio would probably be the equivalent of basing an opinion on city's populations intelligence by talking to 1st graders.

Gee I wonder why more people want to talk about a playoff team than one that collapsed last year? I can't figure it out.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 15:27 »

PUMA

Oh sports talk radio, I cant listen to that. It seems to me that after a win everyone thinks their team is going all the way and after a loss everyone thinks their team sucks eggs. And upwards of 75% of sports radio callers can barely piece together a coherent comment. Basing an opinion on a city's fanbase by listening to sports radio would probably be the equivalent of basing an opinion on city's populations intelligence by talking to 1st graders.

Gee I wonder why more people want to talk about a playoff team than one that collapsed last year? I can't figure it out.

True dat.  And, fact is, you're going to live amongst homerism when you're in an "enemy" city.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: