Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 31, 2014 at 03:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report from B-more  (Read 3808 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« on: Dec 29, 2008 at 08:39 »

So, after the Rat clinched their playoff spot yesterday, the crazies are out in fool force.  Apparently, as long as they don't have to play the Colts, the Ravens are a cinch to win the AFC.  The Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, and Chargers don't scare them at all. 

Does anyone ever feel this way about the Steelers?  I usually think that they aren't going to do well but the majority of this city seems to think that the Ravens are the team to beat...

I have to move.

PUMA
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 08:51 »

I fear that this team could advance to the AFC championship round. 

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:38 »

As much as I think they should easily cover the (-3) against the Fins this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if they overlook Miami and lose.

Dolphins have a decent defense; a very good running game; a good offensive line; and, a QB that doesn't turn the ball over and gets rid of it quickly. 

And, I don't care how good the Ravens have looked.  The playoffs are a new season.  Win or go home.  That tends to do a little something something to rookie QBs...especially rookie QBs that have to play on the road.  Pennington, for all of his shortcomings (perceived?), has the edge there, but I'd bet that Ravens fans wouldn't agree with that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:49 »

They did beat Miami 27-17 earlier in the season, but that was before the Phins started believing they belonged.  Now you got Porter all riled up and you know how he hates the Ravens.

If Miami can keep the Ravens special teams and defense from scoring they should have a good shot at winning.  Hell, Curly Sue threw for almost 300 yards on em last time.

Maybe Joey can put Fucko on the ground a few times, soften him up a bit.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 12:49 »

Sorry, I still have to call the Ravens heavy faves in this matchup.  They're playing pissed off right now, and their defense would have to lay an egg for them to lose, IMO.  Teams that have the best chance of taking the Ravens out of their defensive gameplan entirely can stretch the field, go deep early and often.  Curly Sue gonna do that?  Nah, don't think so.  Ben's arm is IMO still effed up, or else we could have taken it to them in both games and staked a good 2-TD lead. 

Ravens actually have a good path to the AFCC.  Fins should lose.  They played the Titans close, and will again, but anyone facing the Titans will likely get a pretty close game, but IMO the momentum is leaving the Titans.  Once in the AFCC, Steelers will play 'em close; Colts would again match up well; Chargers might actually match up well if not for the fact that they're down LT and will prolly lose to the Colts.  So I see the Ratties as having a nice path to an AFCC loss.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 13:03 »

Sorry, I still have to call the Ravens heavy faves in this matchup. 

I may haveta bet the Ravens big in this one.  Win, win, IMO.  Unless, of course, they win a 21-20 squeaker.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 13:18 »

Sorry, I still have to call the Ravens heavy faves in this matchup.  They're playing pissed off right now, and their defense would have to lay an egg for them to lose, IMO.  Teams that have the best chance of taking the Ravens out of their defensive gameplan entirely can stretch the field, go deep early and often.  Curly Sue gonna do that?  Nah, don't think so.  Ben's arm is IMO still effed up, or else we could have taken it to them in both games and staked a good 2-TD lead. 

Ravens actually have a good path to the AFCC.  Fins should lose.  They played the Titans close, and will again, but anyone facing the Titans will likely get a pretty close game, but IMO the momentum is leaving the Titans.  Once in the AFCC, Steelers will play 'em close; Colts would again match up well; Chargers might actually match up well if not for the fact that they're down LT and will prolly lose to the Colts.  So I see the Ratties as having a nice path to an AFCC loss.

I can't have this.  No Ravens in the Super Bowl.  I can survive in Pittsburgh doesn't make it but if the Ravens do, it might be more than I can take.

PUMA

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 13:50 »

Well, as I said, I see an easy path for the Ravens to an AFCC loss.

But really, all four of the major AFC players (Colts, Tits, Stillers, and Purple Rodentia) have some major flaw.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:01 »

I have to believe there is some way the Phins can beat those bastiches.  No belief in the power of Joey's pre-game exposed abs?

Now, I sincerely hope they're gonna bring more to the table than the fucking Wildcat. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:04 »

Sure, anything's possible.  I wouldn't put any damned money on it, though.

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: