Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 16:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hate To Say It...  (Read 1909 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:24 »

I'm starting to think that Lefty might work better with the tools this team currently has. I know, I know...Ben is the multi-million dollar man, blah, blah, blah. That won't mean shit if we go one and done.
A shit pass like that one to Heath will absolutely kill us in the post season. And that was against the Browns.
Lefty just lasers it out there and doesn't fuck around. His misses seems to go thru the back wall or 3 feet into the turf...not into the hands of defenders.
Thing is, Tomlin seems reluctant to give Ben the hook, because he might win the game late in the 4th. How 'bout winning it in the first half and then let the dogs loose.
And that looked like a little more than a concussion to me. Most guys walk off and sit on the bench with the woozies (medical term). Dude could barely get his thumb up.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:31 »

It may be sacrilege but one must wonder.  Was that Lefty I saw footing it into the end zone?

Nah, only if Ben is hurt.  But if he's too hurt to be effective then yes, start the BFL.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:34 »

Let Lefty run the BA offense, and then alternate him with Ben running the no-huddle.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:36 »

And you're right.  On the replay I saw it looked like Ben barely got that thumb up there.  It wasn't an emphatic thumbs up but an elbow resting slowly rising thumbs up - hardly encouraging.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:40 »

Let Lefty run the BA offense, and then alternate him with Ben running the no-huddle.

Why not?

Fuck all this Wild Cat shit. We'll run Ebony & Ivory all the way to Tampa!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:46 »

If Ben can't get a full week of practice in before their first playoff game, they might not even go one and done.

I cringe to think what would happen if opposing defenses have a week to gameplan for Leftwich.  Coming off the bench, yeah, sure, he's the QB equivalent of a "change of pace" RB.  The dude gets rid of it quicker and appears to be more decisive.  But man, I don't want my team's playoff hopes riding on his shoulders.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 09:53 »

If Ben can't get a full week of practice in before their first playoff game, they might not even go one and done.

I meant one game and their season is over. As in an opening round loss.

Ben ain't exactly playing lights out right now. Can't see the head smack helping his game.

I hope he comes back and is great in the post season. But if it starts looking like the Titans game, I'll welcome the change of pace guy.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 16:10 »

I've been advocating for this since BL won the Skins game. I'm not permanently against BR, but his head is so far up his ass right now (and has been all season, IMO) and BL looks great when he plays. Fuck the money. BL can pass the ball (and avoid sacks, fumbles, INTs, etc.).

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 16:23 »

I've been advocating for this since BL won the Skins game. I'm not permanently against BR, but his head is so far up his ass right now (and has been all season, IMO) and BL looks great when he plays. Fuck the money. BL can pass the ball (and avoid sacks, fumbles, INTs, etc.).

I really don't know how anyone can rate how Leftwich will do in the playoffs off 36 pass attempts.  I agree that he's looked pretty good when in there.  But I also tend to agree with aj's assessment.

Hey, whatever works is good for me.  And if Ben's not healthy, do what we gotta do.  But for better or worse, it's Ben that got us here, not Gary Coleman.
Maybe Gary Coleman woulda been 14-2 or 16-0.  Then again, maybe he woulda broken his damn leg again and been out for the season.

Like I said, go with what works.  But let's not throw Ben on the FA market just yet.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 18:18 »

agreed on all accounts where Coleman looks great the 2 times he's come in and would start on probably 75% of the teams out there right now but i can't see him rocking us the Super Bowl.  The fact that Big Ben has had 2 concussions in 2 weeks is not good obviously and this week's was really more than they're letting us know - that thumbs up really seemed like a strain - the motorcycle accident is rearing it's head in this backhanded way i think.  I don't want him to get permanently hurt obviously but he got us to where we are, not Coleman so we should ride him out to the end.  Hopefully, this week off will do him some good...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: