Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 10:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama LT Smith not going bowling...  (Read 649 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 29, 2008 at 14:19 »

Saban shitcanned him for ye olde violation of team rules.

Hmmmm.  Wonder if it might push him down to late R1...?  Meh, doubt it, but it'd be nice.  I don't care if he smothered granny with a pillow, if he can anchor the blind side for the next 8-10 years...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 13:22 »

Haven't really looked at any draft boards yet so I'm not sure how many OT's are going to be picked in the first round. If this guy's a top 10 pick it's not going to hurt his status enough for him to drop to us.

However maybe it hurts his status just enough to create a domino effect to drop a mid-first-rounder or two to the back end of round 1. Where we will then select the best TE on the board.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 12:37 »

Considering Scouts, Inc. has him as the #1 overall prospect on the board, and his offense was minor, he will have his hat, jersey, and already be passed out drunk at the afterparty by the time Steelers are on the clock.  Especially after Bama's poor performance without him in the bowl game.

On the positive side, they have a combined 14 OT and D linemen in the top 32 (one of a million boards, I know - no idea how accurate they are, just first one I saw).  Unfortunately only 4 are OT, but there will be no excuse not to improve one of our lines in round 1.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 13:12 »

Considering Scouts, Inc. has him as the #1 overall prospect on the board, and his offense was minor, he will have his hat, jersey, and already be passed out drunk at the afterparty by the time Steelers are on the clock.  Especially after Bama's poor performance without him in the bowl game.

On the positive side, they have a combined 14 OT and D linemen in the top 32 (one of a million boards, I know - no idea how accurate they are, just first one I saw).  Unfortunately only 4 are OT, but there will be no excuse not to improve one of our lines in round 1.

Yeah, he's top 5 guaranteed.  Guess I was hoping for an icepick in granny's back and a bag of pot, but no dice.

IMO, there will be as many or more top OT in R1-R2 this year as compared to last, a boom year.  DL may be a bit tougher to come by.  Also, some really good OC and OG talent near the top.

I'd be happy with all OL/DL picks.

There's a junior out of Arizona who I think is coming out (Eben Britton); if he's there at the bottom of R1, he'd be a good pick...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: