Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 28, 2014 at 04:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 130 more reasons that I love my wife  (Read 3192 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Dec 30, 2008 at 20:46 »

We're walking around the mall tonight before heading out to dinner for an additional anniversary celebration.  I've been looking for a new jersey, and toying with the idea of putting up the $$$ for a real one.  I wanted to get an old-school jersey, or at least one from a player that I could wear pretty much for the rest of my life. 

We found a Hines Ward authentic game jersey for $130.  I tried it on, fit great, but I said, "Too much coin."  My WIFE (a bit of a pennypincher, which is good since I am the opposite) says, "That looks awesome, and you need to get it!" 

To be honest, I feel so guilty for buying it that I don't know if I can keep it.  But what a women!  After I get hammered on our anniversary, she comes back and ENCOURAGES me to buy a $130 jersey.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 21:08 »

From a chick, for what it's worth - don't you DARE take it back!!
She will be more mad if you take it back than she ever would be over the money spent.
She obviously loves you and wants you to be happy.  She wouldn't have encouraged you to buy it unless she wanted you to have it.
She seems an extremely cool chick.  Some chicks would say "Buy it" and then be pissed when you did.
She's not one of them.

Wear the jersey with pride and to victory!!
 eck02 eck02 eck02
 smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 21:14 »

There has been an awful lot of talk of this "wife" of yours.  I think we're going to need to see some pics to make sure she's not a figment of your imagination.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 07:49 »

I have the same situation with my wife (i.e. she controls the purse strings since I cannot be trusted) but she also did something wonderful for me recently.  I received the gift below for the holidays which is way more than I would spend but I LOVE it. 

Too much coin for me but I am glad that she did it for me...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

PUMA
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 07:59 »

My hubby's the football widow in the family! However, he is very cool about this obsession of mine and has given me all kinds of cool Steelers stuff over the years. He surprised me one year with the officially licensed NFL paint colors for my Pittsburgh room! Most women would say "Paint?!? Are you f-ing kidding me?!?" I loved it and the room looks great. He even was cool when I spent some big $$$ on a big-ass framed, autographed picture of Cowher & Big Ben taken right after we won Super Bowl XL. I think I'll keep him around for a while, he's been pretty damn good for 20 years...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 08:18 »

My hubby's the football widow in the family! However, he is very cool about this obsession of mine and has given me all kinds of cool Steelers stuff over the years. He surprised me one year with the officially licensed NFL paint colors for my Pittsburgh room! Most women would say "Paint?!? Are you f-ing kidding me?!?" I loved it and the room looks great. He even was cool when I spent some big $$$ on a big-ass framed, autographed picture of Cowher & Big Ben taken right after we won Super Bowl XL. I think I'll keep him around for a while, he's been pretty damn good for 20 years...

So your hub's just not into football?

I mean... like... [*speechless*]... what does he do on Sundays?  Crochet?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 08:20 »

There has been an awful lot of talk of this "wife" of yours.  I think we're going to need to see some pics to make sure she's not a figment of your imagination.

IIRC, Preach did post a pic or a link with his wife in it...  Very attractive lady.  Unless he's just posting a picture of someone else's wife.

Come to think of it, how do we know this raging drunkard's even a preacher?  Oh sure, anyone can trot out a few Bible verses and claim to wear the collar...

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 08:20 »

I mean... like... [*speechless*]... what does he do on Sundays?  Crochet?

I think he makes cider.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 08:25 »

I mean... like... [*speechless*]... what does he do on Sundays?  Crochet?

I think he makes cider.

All I know is I'll be drinking that cider next season, and chasing my brother in law around the front yard...

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 08:30 »

All I know is I'll be drinking that cider next season, and chasing my brother in law around the front yard...

Remember, he gets a head start in the station wagon, so by the time you catch him, you'll be in someone else's front yard. Hopefully, he drives away from the toxic dump site.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: