Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 01:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIRD @ FISH  (Read 1566 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 04, 2009 at 11:48 »

It's almost game time and we'll find out who the Steelers will beat next week, the Dolphins or the Chargers.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 12:17 »

Fins only get 3 after the Ravens fumble. Liked the 2nd down PA call, but they got stuffed. Maybe they will pull off the shocker. Curly Sue sure does float that ball out there though. I can see Ed Reed snatching one and scoring.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 12:55 »

And there's the INT. 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:04 »

One of Miami's WRs was hurt making the tackle after the INT.  So, with that guy back in the locker room the Fish are down to 2 WRs.  They only dressed 3 WRs!?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:08 »

Curly Sue floated another duck out there.  Reed caught it over his shoulder and took it to the house.  Gotta hand it to him though, Penny ran down and got speed-bumped by one of the backers.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:45 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:12 »

Likely lights out for the Fins...points are at a premium vs. the Ratbirds....just before the throw I said out loud "just don't throw a pick, get to the half 3-3 or 6-3 Ravens and you are fine".....then BAM, stupid INT.

If this holds up and the Steelers manage to beat the Chargers, I will personally be voting for the Titans against the Ravens, regardless of homefield...really feel like Pitt. could get some payback vs the Titans, and I still want nothing to do with Baltimore.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:15 »

Agreed.  Don't give a good team three shots at you.  Besides, it would be better to go through the #1 seed to get to the big game.  But really, any way they can get there works for me.

Why do they ever send a WR further than 25 yards down field?  Penny clearly cannot throw the ball further than that w/out putting massive amounts of air up under there.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:17 »

Curly Sue sure does float that ball out there though. I can see Ed Reed snatching one and scoring.

That didn't take long.

Gonna be tough for the Fish, but they are still only down 7 and get the ball first in the 2nd half. It does look like SD is coming to Pittsburgh though.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:23 »

I just don't understand how nobody, including the Steelers, covers Mason regularly. Shit, double the guy if you have to because he is the ONLY WR Fucko throws to when he needs a play.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:33 »

OK, so the Fins are down by 10. Its going to take to huge effort to win this game by the Fins, and right now Curly Sue has the deer caught in the headlights look. Peazy hasn't done anything except recover that opening drive fumble and he is getting double teamed most of the time. Pretty much the same scheme that neutralized Silverback. If the Steelers see Balty again, LW is going to have to have a big game from the other side. The Fins O just doesn't have the weapons to challenge that D. No one can stretch the field, and even if they could, the QB probably couldn't get it there. Their "Wildcat" bullshit just isn't going to work against Balty's D. If Miami is going to win, their D is going to have to come up HUGE and take the ball away several times and put the O in a position to score.... Personally, I think it ain't happening. Is LT still going to be injured next weekend?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: