Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 05:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIRD @ FISH  (Read 1516 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:47 »

Yet another pick...my hope is Pitt beats SD semi-comfortably, and Batly beats up the Titans (but the Titans win in a squeeker). I really feel pretty good about going back to Tenn, pressure would be on them at home to win!
ben2hines4six

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:47 »

Also, I am incredibly jealous of the Ravens and Chargers punters....UNREAL how efficient these dudes are.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:49 »

Yet another pick...my hope is Pitt beats SD semi-comfortably, and Batly beats up the Titans (but the Titans win in a squeeker). I really feel pretty good about going back to Tenn, pressure would be on them at home to win!

That ball was about 100 feet in the air.  What the fuck are they thinking?  They're playing right into Balty's hands.  Miami needs to be playing field position with those guys.  Going 40 yards down field WILL NOT WORK with Penny's arm.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:49 »

Also, I am incredibly jealous of the Ravens and Chargers punters....UNREAL how efficient these dudes are.

Well, hopefully robopunter will be back and in good form next season.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
ben2hines4six

« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 13:59 »

Man am I glad Balty is going to Tenn....call me crazy, but I could easily see the Titans being one and done and losing that game next week.

Noodle-arm is such a joke....all that MVP talk was such nonsense....guy plays an easy schedule and throws nothing but five yard outs all game and he is MVP calibre...please!!

Every time he faces a big moment or a real team, he crumbles...he is nothing more then a poor mans Neil O'Donnell.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 14:23 »

If you look at Miami's wins-

Week 3- @ NE by 25 points
Week 5- SD by 7
Week 8- Buffalo by 9
Week 9- @ Den by 9
Week 10-Seattle by 2
Week 11-Oak by 2
Week 13- @ STL by 4
Week 14- @ Buffalo by 13
Week 15- SF by 5
Week 16- @ KC by 7
Week 17- @ NYJ by 7

...they played a pretty cake schedule and squeaked out wins against the league's worst, especially Sea and Oak at home who ha to travel east for the games. They don't have the quality to threaten the leagues best teams.

Then they miss the EP after finally scoring a TD. Still doubt they can pull it off, but it would be nice. The Steelers would destroy  Miami IMHO.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 14:37 »

Sad thing is, if Miami could get out of their own way they have (had) a shot.  Even after 4 INTs they're driving, down inside the 30 with a first down and BLAM crappy play on an end around that loses 15+ yards.  Punt.  Penalty on punt.  Sheesh.  Meanwhile, Balty has managed about 35 yards in the second half.  Fucko has gone 8/21.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
ben2hines4six

« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 14:41 »

Jonzr, that is the Baltimore formula though. Force you into errors, and they play their own brand of mistake-free (often dull) football. Frustrating to watch, but it is effective for them.

I feel like the Steelers could and should beat the Ravens should they play again if they stay out of their own way, but can they? The Birds make that difficult for better offenses then the Steelers currently have.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 14:47 »

OK, this is over, SD is coming to Pittsburgh next week. Not as good as Miami, but better than Indy. SD's D isn't top notch, and their O is hurting. Got to like the Steelers chances.

Rats v Tits will be a pretty physical game. Lets hope they beat the shit out of each other......... I'm sensing an AFCC game in Pit against our most hated of hated hatee's.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2009 at 15:03 »

Jonzr, that is the Baltimore formula though. Force you into errors, and they play their own brand of mistake-free (often dull) football. Frustrating to watch, but it is effective for them.

Yup, the other dirty birds had a part in forcing those errors.  But it seemed like Penny could have avoided some of that by being more patient.  Anyhoo, it is what it is and it is the Bolts.

Rats v Tits will be a pretty physical game. Lets hope they beat the shit out of each other.........
Man, it would be great to see.  Maybe they'll rattle Collins around a bit.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: