Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 17, 2014 at 22:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2009  (Read 8057 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Jan 05, 2009 at 06:43 »

New Year. New weight loss forum. Took the past two weeks off, and as totally expected, body jumped up 10 pounds. Already, by this morning dropped 2.6 pounds from yesterday's official weigh-in. Felt SOOOOOO fat toward the end of this past week. Interesting how I felt so much better coming down at 278 then I do going back up at 278. I am back on the program for the new year. Hope to get to 200 by the end of the year.

Official weigh-in...

Started - 307
Today - 278.6
Lost - 28.4 pounds

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 07:51 »

Glad the new thread is rollin Vin, nice work.

Didn't weigh this morning.  We always make cookies and buckeyes over the holidays so I had my share.  Didn't eat any junk food at work and kept meals pretty much normal.  I had a stretch from Christmas eve until Jan 3rd where I had a drink or two each evening.  Glad that is over!!!!

Changing up the workouts.  Going lower weights and higher reps.  Have been doing the opposite for several months, and now is a good time to change it up.  I'm also going to work in more bike riding at the gym so I'm in better bike riding shape when spring riding starts.

2009 goals:  I'd like to be 220 by the end of March.  Also by end of march or may get the belt line down to 35 inches.  I want those 36's nice and comfy.  When I get to 220 I'll reassess my goals.

Ready . . . GO

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2009 at 08:20 »

Yeah, I pretty much ate whatever over Christmas and New Year's.  Sweets included.  Drank ungodly, simply ungodly amounts of wine.  So it's no surprise that I went back up to 236# from the 229-230# post-vacation.  Back to it, though: been exercising and starting a new supplement regimen.  Plan to do more with weights again.  Have been taking blood pressure daily, as my resolution is to get that sucker down.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 09:32 »

Got to the gym last night, and to steal a line from a comedian "it looked like a people aquarium" "kind of like a human pro-duce section"  Holy jumpin beans.  It always gets busy this time of year with the resolution folks and I always forget how much I hate the influx of newbies.

Good thing is that changing my routine consists of using one machine/exercise for each body part.  So instead of trying to do chest on three different benches/machines/stations, I only need to secure one which was a huge bonus.  Feel good today, and can definitely tell I did something very different.

FOOD - I figure most people, even if not "dieting" or making an extra effort to eat healthy, probably eat more junk food than normal over the holidays and get back to a more reasonable level of intake after the holidays.  Yesterday at work (there is a small kitchen area for a small office of about 22 people) someone brought in cookies.  Looked like peanut butter (hmmm peanut butter) cookies.  Today, more pb cookies, short bread cookies and two boxes of chocolates.  Every day, no matter what, what ever food is "offered" to the office it is consumed by the end of the day.  That is in addition to the candy bars, chips, pop and other snacks available for purchase (employee run snack operation in the cupboard, not vending machine stuff).  Maybe some folks, unlike me, can eat one or two cookies and be done for the day. 

Anyway, I just can't believe the junk food is still flowing and people are pouncing on it.  It was long long time ago in a galaxie far away when I was 20 ish, weighed 180-190 lbs (too skinny with no muscle mass for 6'5") and consumed no less than, I'm guesing, 8,000 calories in a day.  Probably more like 10,000.  (BV snaps back to current day)  Is it time for my applesauce snack already?
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2009 at 09:33 by Big Virgil » Logged

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 08:09 »

Rode the spin bike for 45 minutes last night and was able to create a ride similar to a real one.  Instead of pedaling at warp speed, I dialed up the resistance and peddaled much slower but gradually increased resistance until it was too hard to sustain.  At that point I really increased the resistance to ride standing up for about a minute.  That whole process was 10 minutes, then I started over.  Rode for 45 minutes and burned 750 calories.  This is on pace with roughly 1000 calories per hour on my mountain bike.  Max heart rate was 178 and average was 145.

I feel like a young Swedish boy.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 08:38 »

Bring on the ABBA young Swedish boy partysmiley

Great work BV. You are a friggin' beast on the bike.

I have been riding our recumbent bike for 20 minutes at a time. 15 mph for first two minutes, 16 for next 2, 17 for next two, 18 for next two, 19 for 1, 20 for next two, 19 for 1, and back down again. Once I get used to doing that again, I will begin to increase the resistance. Burn all of 300 calories! I rock Smiley

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 09:04 »

Blonde & suicidal.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 09:13 »

That's awesome Vin.  300 Calories per workout over a week,  month, etc. will make a huge difference on top of eating better.

You can mix in a couple of differnet things to keep the bike workout from getting stale too.  Two days a week try the JJ's and pushups, even if they are modified to get more reps.  Doo JJ's for 2 min and rest for about a minute.  On the weekend, if the weather is decent, run/walk outside or mozy to the local rec center for some time on an eliptical or treadmill (or even goof around with Vin Jr in the pool). That gives you 3 days on the bike, 2 days with JJ's and 1 day outside or in the rec center to keep it fresh.    

Speaking of fresh, there are usually hotties and MILF's at the rec center/gym.  That helps as motivation on days I'm not thrilled about going.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 09:20 »

Blonde & suicidal.

I was thinking more like Svelte.

This is actually pretty funny.  Last night, as I finished riding the bike, some metro dude started getting the room ready for a spin class.  I thought I'd check the schedule, and maybe give it a try on the weekend or something.  I walked to the front desk to ask about it, across the gym to the drinking fountain and into the locker room.  I was changing my shirt when I looked down and noticed the front of my shorts looked like I had been sitting down and completely pissed myself.  I didn't realize that when I was parading around the gym.  I couldn't freakin believe it - it looked pretty bad.  No wonder the hotties were looking at me!!!!!!!

:shamwowdiaper:

bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 14:59 »

Over Christmas, I caught one of those colds where I didn't have any energy to do a damn thing, but the appetite wasn't affected.  I gained 6 pounds in 8 days.

Giving Weight Watchers a try.  Fiance lost 40 pounds on it, and her father lost 60. 

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Pages: [1] 2 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: