Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 06:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2009  (Read 8039 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 08:18 »

3000 calories a day does sound like a lot.

Yeah, I couldn't get there. I tapped out at a biscuit over 2500 for the day. That's with 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and another 30 in the evening. And about 30-40 minutes of lifting.

I weighed in this morning and will see where I'm at next Friday morning. I don't think I'll be able to eat much more than I did yesterday, unless I start doing BV-type bike trips.

Should be interesting to see the new workouts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 14:18 »

Speaking of biking - I took a spin on my 24 year old road bike last weekend.  Took it in for a tune up and new tires and tubes prior to taking it out.  Ripped out 38 miles, and a broken spopke that threw the wheel out of alignment so bad the wheel wouldn't make a revolution turning it by hand.  Towards the end of the ride, I was suprised my legs felt tired, since 30+ miles should be easy for me on pavement, but with the wheel that jacked up, it was taking a lot more effort.

It wasn't nearly as entertaining as mountain bike riding. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #92 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 08:25 »

2 weeks in, 6 lbs down.

Miles to go...
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #93 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 12:00 »

That's pretty damn good, Otis. Keep going!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 12:22 »

I'm downright pissed.  While I haven't been jogging in sub 30F weather, I have been eating right, joined a water exercise class that the Mrs. wanted to do, and since Thanksgiving I am +12#.  That, on top of the 10-12# I gained back after the vacation of 11/08.  So I'm teetering near the all-time high weight again.  Only thing I can figure is that after my medical misadventure just before Thanksgiving, they changed up my BP meds. 

Really hoping that when the weather warms and I can jog again, it balances out the BP shit and I start losing again.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 15:54 »

2 weeks in, 6 lbs down.

Miles to go...

Nice work!!!!!!

Did you say Mrs. Otis had a pole installed in the bedroom for you?  That dancing really must burn some calories.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 06:51 »

I'm downright pissed.  While I haven't been jogging in sub 30F weather, I have been eating right, joined a water exercise class that the Mrs. wanted to do, and since Thanksgiving I am +12#.  That, on top of the 10-12# I gained back after the vacation of 11/08.  So I'm teetering near the all-time high weight again.  Only thing I can figure is that after my medical misadventure just before Thanksgiving, they changed up my BP meds. 

Really hoping that when the weather warms and I can jog again, it balances out the BP shit and I start losing again.

Swing on down to Baltimore and shovel the 3 feet-deep snow outside of my house. 

You should shed those unwanted pounds in no time

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #97 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 16:44 »

Swing on down to Baltimore and shovel the 3 feet-deep snow outside of my house. 

You should shed those unwanted pounds in no time

LOL... I'm fine with the foot and a half I had to deal with here.  Why I haven't invested in a snowblower is a mystery to me.  Another mystery?  Why shovels suck.  Made in China, apparently designed by the Chinese, none of whom could possibly be taller than 5'.  I'm bent over like a fucking hump. 

We dug out, dug our neighbors on either side out, and I dug out a 5x7 spot for the dog to piss and shit.  I mean, it sucks having to clomp around when you gotta drop one, trying to settle your ass in and meeting nothing but snow. 

Was watching the snow come down, drinking Jim Beam Black on rocks last nite, and either that or the copious snow shoveling helped me drop 5# from my previous sniveling.  Hurrah.  I'm back to a previous level of overweight that is nevertheless better than where I was days ago.  I'm so excited.  Well, it's a start. 

Haven't stopped working, indoors and out, till about now.  Time to fucking veg.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #98 on: Apr 02, 2010 at 12:13 »

10 weeks in, 15 lbs down.

It will take me until fucking Xmas at this rate.

I would eat your children if I thought they even tasted slightly like nacho cheese Doritos.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #99 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 08:15 »

Anyone bustin it up at the gym, running, or just sweating off pounds due to the heat over most of the country?

Just the usual for me.  Been biking, but not getting to the gym.  Riding 2X per week.  Biking enough my arms are getting skinny, legs looking good, but no change in the gut.  I just can't believe it.  I did well through the holidays, but February brought on some less than desireable eating and drinking habits.  That definitely doesn't help the gut situation.

A relative started the P90X workout thang, and ripped a set of DVD's for me and photo copied a bunch of stuff that goes along with the DVD's.  I'm going to give it a whirl.  I was telling Mrs. BV, for my size and the calories I burn riding, I have no idea how many calories I should be eating.  When I'm eating well, I'm at 2,300 or 2,400 per day, and I'm fairly hungry at bed time.  She read something that indicated based on my activity level, I should be at 3,000.  There is some guidance in the P90X material, which I haven't read yet, so that may be more helpful.  I'm traveling/camping 3 of the next 5 weeks, so a daily workout is problematic, but I gotta keep the food reasonable.

I did the Chest/Back workout last night, and I am appropriately sore today.  I'll be really f'in sore tomorrow.

Lets hear it, whatchu been doin besides listening to punk rock music and bad mouthin your country?

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: