Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 19:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 [34] 35 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divisional Playoffs - Sunday, Jan. 11 - Chargers @ Steelers  (Read 20098 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #330 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 20:49 »

Hey, found it.  The chat is saved in the database.  Will do something with that shortly.

Alrighty.  Saved the chat in PDF format for those of you bored enough to wanna read it. 

To get the file go to the home page - click Home on the menu up top.
Click Download in the menu square on the upper left, just below Chat.
You'll see the Download Manager and "Gameday Chat 01/11/09" and next to that a download button.

Of course, you'll need Adobe to read the file but most people have that installed already.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2009 at 21:42 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #331 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 21:43 »

Yeah, what Jonzr said, BITCHES.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #332 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 21:47 »

I ain't got time to read 14 fuckin' pages but here's my recap. If this has already been stated, fuck you - I'm admin.

That Holmes return was HUGE, Ben didn't have to play catch up and we could play safe with the run.

Those were some of the easiest TDs we've seen all year.

Ben didn't look great early, but Hines made him look much better.

Berger was push vs. SciFi Network.

Woodley had some fine coverage plays.

I said somewhere in some thread that 160 by FWP would be glorious. He had to be close.

My playoff beard lives.

That little fucker is tough.

I called the pick..really, I did. I didn't call the field position, but I said the first turnover would come on that possession.

You can read it and like it Mr. Puffy coat!!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #333 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 21:54 »

WTF Jinzr?!?!

When SD gave Hines that shove out of bounds, I screamed. "that's a fucking hate crime" at the top of my lungs in the bar.

Sorry Penso.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #334 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 22:20 »

WTF Jinzr?!?!

When SD gave Hines that shove out of bounds, I screamed. "that's a fucking hate crime" at the top of my lungs in the bar.

Sorry Penso.

No offense taken.  People been hatin' on Hines for years now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #335 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:00 »

People been hating on the half korean, half black guy that is good at everything, not great at anything for years.  He doesn't give a shit.  I think he enjoys it....

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #336 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:39 »

Hines'll take that kinda hate crime every day of the week and come up laughing.

And that just makes the haters hate him even more.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #337 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:54 »

Incredibly well played game.  Wasn't worried after the initial TD, figured the D was too good to let that happen for long.  Credit to Rivers, was a good throw, Ike had decent coverage considering he had no help from inside.  Nothing significant from SD until garbage time.

Reports of FWP's demise were apparently premature.  Needed some time to rest and heal.  Haven't seen him run like that in a long time, and it was a welcome sight.

I have no problem with the fake punt call.  I respectfully disagree with the poster who felt the previous punt was the time to do it, not that one.  On the previous punt, they had tried to run the offense out at the last second, but SD called TO to stop it.  At that point, the defense is alerted to a potential fake.  If you want to argue that because the sext series, they were in the same down and distance situation at the same part of the field, the D would be expecting it again, OK.  But, the O was struggling to score and the D was holding them in check so you probably won't pay a huge price for the gamble.  Don't have a problem.  Just ran into the wrong defensive call.  And, with no QB on the field to recognize that, it's hard to call off a fake punt if it doesn't look good.

Like the quick kick.  I don't understand why teams don't use it regularly in those situations.  It's undefenseable - if the D sees it coming and drops someone back to catch it, then you have an advantage in going for a 4th and 5-7 yards.  If they play 11 men in normal alignment (which they have to do), a 20-25 yard punt gives your D great field position.

Limas, you've got a lot of work to do this offseason.  That was an absolute bullet from BFL that hit him right in the hands.  Rook or no, got to make that catch if you want to play in this league.

Speaking of which, would have loved to be in the room with Cowher when we came out throwing late in the game with a double digit lead - with the backup QB no less.  This is Mike Tomlin's team.

Special teams had a good game, Sproles KO return aside.  Give me that next week and I'll take it.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #338 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:20 »

Oh yeah, and I can't watch that replay of Woodley slamming Livers to the turf too many times. 

However, the fact that there was even discussion that there could be a possible unnecessary roughness call on that play tells you much about what's wrong with the NFL.
dare2beme

« Reply #339 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:26 »

I respectfully disagree with the poster who felt the previous punt was the time to do it, not that one.  On the previous punt, they had tried to run the offense out at the last second, but SD called TO to stop it.  At that point, the defense is alerted to a potential fake.  If you want to argue that because the sext series, they were in the same down and distance situation at the same part of the field, the D would be expecting it again, OK.

I was taking the "lightning won't strike twice" angle. (chargers-lightning-damn puns)  We lined up to go for it, which in itself was a fake, IMO, to either try to draw the D offsides or catch the D offguard and force them to burn a timeout.  Then we line up to punt, I think the psychological response to "shit, they got the better of us that time" would be that another fake would be the last thing on their mind, or at least "there's no way they would try to fake us twice in a row on the same play."  We'll never know.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Pages: 1 ... 33 [34] 35 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: