Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 09:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divisional Playoffs - Sunday, Jan. 11 - Chargers @ Steelers  (Read 20556 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #340 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:33 »

Oh yeah, and I can't watch that replay of Woodley slamming Livers to the turf too many times. 

However, the fact that there was even discussion that there could be a possible unnecessary roughness call on that play tells you much about what's wrong with the NFL.

When he gave Rivers a little taste of the Heinz Field turf, the Ref was in the picture, and I was watching him, knowing he was going to be grabbing that flag.  Can't believe it wasn't called, but I think they were letting them play more than usual.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #341 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:39 »

Oh yeah, and I can't watch that replay of Woodley slamming Livers to the turf too many times. 

However, the fact that there was even discussion that there could be a possible unnecessary roughness call on that play tells you much about what's wrong with the NFL.

When he gave Rivers a little taste of the Heinz Field turf, the Ref was in the picture, and I was watching him, knowing he was going to be grabbing that flag.  Can't believe it wasn't called, but I think they were letting them play more than usual.

Heaven forbid Woodley tackling the guy with the football....I agree that the fact the we all were looking for a flag is a problem. Rivers.Had.The.Footba ll.

Also, how many sacks would Silverback had had this year had he not been held on every rush? 25? 30? Crazy. SSDD yesterday for him. Hell the sack he got he was being mugged.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #342 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:44 »

Also, how many sacks would Silverback had had this year had he not been held on every rush? 25? 30? Crazy. SSDD yesterday for him. Hell the sack he got he was being mugged.

Some writer at the P-G needs to make a study of that when we get into Pirates' baseball.  Cause, you know, as much as I hate to say it, they'll have nothin' else to do!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #343 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:00 »

Quote from: msdmnr2002 on Today at 08:54
I respectfully disagree with the poster who felt the previous punt was the time to do it, not that one.  On the previous punt, they had tried to run the offense out at the last second, but SD called TO to stop it.  At that point, the defense is alerted to a potential fake.  If you want to argue that because the sext series, they were in the same down and distance situation at the same part of the field, the D would be expecting it again, OK.

I was taking the "lightning won't strike twice" angle. (chargers-lightning-damn puns)  We lined up to go for it, which in itself was a fake, IMO, to either try to draw the D offsides or catch the D offguard and force them to burn a timeout.  Then we line up to punt, I think the psychological response to "shit, they got the better of us that time" would be that another fake would be the last thing on their mind, or at least "there's no way they would try to fake us twice in a row on the same play."  We'll never know.

I believe the only way a fake will work is if the opponent isn't even thinking about it.  Once we lined up to go for it, the D at least has it in mind that a fake was a possibility.  The chances were a little better the next time, though you can argue you get one chance max per game, more likely only a couple per season at the pro level.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #344 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:18 »

SAN-FUCKING-TONIO!

All is forgiven, you fucking pothead!

I'm sure someone else mentioned it throughout this monster thread, but did anyone see a SD LBer...name escapes me ATM...high five Holmesy after he scored as he jogged back from the EZ??

"Hey, nice Carl Lewis impersonation...oh wait..."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #345 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:24 »

Does Willie have a chip on his shoulder?

Nah, that's just a (as Cris Carter coined in the post game) "Fresh Willie Parker."  Finally healthy.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #346 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:31 »

Honestly, I don't think the right side of the line knew it was a fake.  Wow.

What's funny is that my wife's layin' there and she calls it.  I said no way they fake it this close to halftime on their side of the 50.  Sure enough...BAM!...Berger does that "Oh shit" jump and the cameraman is searching for the ball.  When you see the replay, the defender came in completely untouched.  Had to be a missed assignment.  if everybody is on the same page there, I bet they convert.

At the time, I was angry, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, I didn't mind it.  Ballsy.  Shows the opposition that you're willing to gamble because you've got an All-World Defense.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #347 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:37 »

HEATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing this is the Heat TD?  I'd just like to commend the playcalling here.  We've been waiting all fucking season for a fake toss, rollout to the opposite direction and throw to the TE on the goalline.

All of those off tackle left runs set that one up...*eye roll*

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #348 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 »

Looked like Foote to me.  Keisel with the tip at the LOS

The wife was getting tired of hearing me say, "get yer hands up D!!"  Why teams don't get more tipped passes against the Bolts is beyond me.  When they show those EZ shots with the offense coming towards you, it's shocking to see just how low the ball comes out on short passes.  On a few of those, if the ball is a few inches lower, Livers earholes one of his linemen...according to his bio, one of his favorite pre-game rituals.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #349 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:46 »

QB sneak...you don't get it, so be it.

Co-sign that.  A quick line up...hut!...hut!...and go, before the defense gets a chance to dig in.  Although, FWIW, the last time that #7 tried to sneak it on the goalline, he reaggravated that shoulder injury.

Pages: 1 ... 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: