Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 02:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grimm to interview for NYJ job  (Read 431 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 05, 2009 at 21:57 »

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11226876

According to that guy, Unnamed Source.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 00:05 »

wow, didnt the cards absolutley suck balls in the rushing department this year?

if its true, i wonder if Russ will wear a suit this time around instead of his customary flannel shirt, denims and timberlands

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 00:34 »

Mike Prisuta reporting he has the job?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 10:22 »

Mike Prisuta reporting he has the job?

I doubt that's the case unless it happened in the last few hours.

Cowher was on the local drive in show here in NY with Esiason and Cartin this morning and the latter (an avid Jets fan) was doing everything but flat out groveling to Billy to come coach the Jets.  He was trying to get Cowher to say exactly what Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum would have to do to get him to coach this team and Cowher was pretty evasive.

I will say this about that situation though.  It really sounded like Cowher liked the situation with the Jets.  Of all the teams he discussed, the Jets sounded like they were atop his list followed by Denver, then KC.  He kept harping on a passion for the game; passion for the team.  He had that in Pittsburgh (obv) and he wants that in whatever gig he decides to take down the road.  I'm paraphrasing here, but he said the last thing he wants to do is go coach a team that has a hard time selling out games, especially playoff games.

Really, I think the Jets kinda screwed the pooch here because the owner (Johnson) and GM (Tannenbaum) never contacted Cowher directly about the position.  It seemed like it never got past the "my people will call your people" to feel him out about the job.  And, again this is all speculation and rumor, but I think there's a lot of truth behind it, supposedly Cowher's people contacted them and tried to setup a meeting between Cowher and Johnson, but he was "out of the country."  As we all know, Cowher puts a lot of stock in being close to and having a good relationship with the owner and I really believe that their...indifference (?)(I don't know if that's the right word.)...to the whole situation turned him off.  I know he's re-upped with CBS for another year, but he even said that if they were to contact him now, he'd just say "Thanks, but no thanks."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: