Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching change on the way  (Read 615 times)
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« on: Jan 07, 2009 at 14:06 »

Madden opened his show today saying that a coaching change is in the works for the Pens.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 14:26 »

http://www.wxdx.com/pages/supergenius.html

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 15:01 »

I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, that d-bag can print all the rumors he wants.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 22:06 »

Penguins "always open to improving" roster
TheFourthPeriod.com

Penguins GM Ray Shero prefers not to comment on rumors and speculation, but did admit that he's always looking for ways to improve his team, reports the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

"As a manager, you're always open to improving your team," Shero told the paper. "That's just one of those things in this job. Last year, we did a deal at the [trade] deadline with the short term in mind. I want to give this team every chance we can to win, like we did last year. That's my job every year -- give this team a chance to win. This year is important. Everybody needs to know that. So, with anything in terms of improving the team up until the deadline, I'm willing to do that."

The Penguins are believed to be actively shopping for a first-line winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin.

While the team has been linked to such players as Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning, one area the Penguins don't plan on changing is behind the bench.

"I've been consistent in what I said through that stretch," Shero said. "Those coaches, Michel [Therrien] and his staff, have gone through some tough times. Every time we've gone through it, we've found our way through it. That's what I go on. That's what I know. I've got to give some credit to the coaching staff - they've found a way the past couple of years. I believe we're in the process of finding a way through some tough times again."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit090122.html

Link to Trib article: http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur.../s_608248.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: