Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 14, 2014 at 23:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: grading finals  (Read 5007 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 11:21 »

This one's relatively accurate.

"According to Aristotle, the goal of poetic imitation is for the reader or viewer to be able to experience what we normally wouldn't want to experience in reality.  For example, in a tragedy, we are able to be entertained with the ideas of murder and dead bodies.  In reality, however, we normally wouldn't want to be around dead bodies and people dying."

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 11:30 »

Stop!!!  My brain cells are popping like popcorn kernels...........

Brinker changed his poster name and didn't tell anyone?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
dare2beme

« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 12:07 »

Stop!!!  My brain cells are popping like popcorn kernels...........

Brinker changed his poster name and didn't tell anyone?

LMAO.  If I hadn't stumbled on Brinker's thread I never would have understood this...instead, I busted out laughing loud enough at work to get strange stares...

I guess now is as good a time as any to reintroduce myself...I'm sure most of you don't remember me since it's been a few years, and I never really was a consistently active poster to begin with.

Back when Finny or Jonzr or whoever it was that started up MGS, I was a heavy lurker and light-duty poster on the ESPN Steeler board, and pretty much tagged along for the ride, as I too was tired of the drama on the ESPN boards.  Once established here, I ended up being rather frustrated at the lack of frequency of posting on here (heck, it was an upstart after all back then), and instead of sticking it out here or in the ESPN boards, I just took a hiatus altogether.

Fast forward to the beginning of last season...I start posting heavily again on the Steeler board (and the AFCN Draught Haus on the Bengals board, of all places).  Have been posting consistently since then, with MGS pretty much pushed aside in my mind until the escapade the last few days with the Feebs reincarnation/impersonation...which triggered my memory of this place and brought me back here.

I'm here to stay now and....

<-----  look, I'm no longer a N00b!

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 12:41 »

In Plato's work, Socrates is questioned about justice and its meaning.  Everyone is aggravated with his long reasonings.  This leads emotions to change and people dislike Socrates.  They start to think he is wise and is messing around with everyone.  Socrates becomes dangerous because he can brainwash people and no one wanted that. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 12:52 »

In Plato's work, Socrates is questioned about justice and its meaning.  Everyone is aggravated with his long reasonings.  This leads emotions to change and people dislike Socrates.  They start to think he is wise and is messing around with everyone.  Socrates becomes dangerous because he can brainwash people and no one wanted that. 

Eeeeeeexcellent.

The Socratic method: just effin' with y'all.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 14:32 »

I'm here to stay now and....

<-----  look, I'm no longer a N00b!

Welcome back!

And now a short scene from Keanu Reeves' greatest performance:

Bill: So-crates - "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing".
Ted: That's us, dude.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 16:14 »

I love this. 

When gas first went up (post Katrina) one of my sophomores asked, "If gas prices are so high, why don't we just fill our tanks when they're half empty, that way it only costs us half as much?"

On a final, one junior (who was taking the sophomore class for the second year in a row) wrote, "The Spanish American War was then the United States thought the Iraqi people would rise up and overthrow Castro."  (No shitting here....I can't make this stuff up!)

And today, "What major war did the U.S. fight between the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 and the ratification of the 19th Amendment in 1920?"  Answer:  "The War of 1812."

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 16:21 »

When gas first went up (post Katrina) one of my sophomores asked, "If gas prices are so high, why don't we just fill our tanks when they're half empty, that way it only costs us half as much?"

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 16:35 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETI_x2rYRQI

OF COURSE you have to find someone with a UK poster on his wall!  And a damn Eastern Kentucky accent as well!   tickedoff

At least he seems to have most of his teeth... :rolleyes:

And today, "What major war did the U.S. fight between the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 and the ratification of the 19th Amendment in 1920?"&nbsp; Answer:&nbsp; "The War of 1812."

So he was off a few years.  Or a few wars.  At least he was in the war ballpark.   Shocked

I'm still the one with the boobs.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 00:13 »

So he was off a few years.  Or a few wars.  At least he was in the war ballpark.   Shocked

True.  He did include the word "war" in his answer.  I bet you gave him half credit.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: