Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 13:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ManU v Chelsea Sunday  (Read 985 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Jan 08, 2009 at 10:52 »

So for all those EPL fans out there, Sunday features Chelsea traveling to Manchester to take on The Red Devils at Old Trafford. The match will be televised on FSC @ 11am EST. That's channel 619 on DirecTV.... The Blues have been struggling as of late, but are still 2nd in the Premier League. United is 3rd, but has 2 matches in hand. United did lose this week to Championship side Derby in the 1st leg of the Carling Cup semi's, but they rested their stars, and its only the Carling Cup. Derby did have one of the worst EPL campaigns in history last year.

Hopefully I can celebrate a Chelsea victory with a Steelers victory on Sunday, but I have to say, its been a while since both of my teams won on the same weekend. So, if you have Sports Pak and would like to watch some of the finest club football in the world, tune into the match before Sundays playoff game. You probably won't be disappointed. Go Blues!!!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 10:56 »

I hate United, they are the Dallas Cowboys of football. 

That sentence looks funny.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 11:09 »

and they are the New York Yankee's of football as well.

Interesting story this morning, it appears Cristiano Ronaldo crashed his Ferrari on the way to training this morning. He is unhurt, but the 500k F599 was totaled. Such a shame to wreck such a beautiful car.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=607640&sec=england&cc=5901

there is a pic of the wreckage in the story.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 15:22 »

Damn.  That would be the equivalent of penso breaking a high heel in a grate on the street and no less tragic.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 11:57 »

Wht an embarassing display by Chelsea. It wasn't even a well played game by United. Chelsea has seemingly lost the ability to defend set pieces. Bad run of form. Big Phil has managed a meager 1 point in 4 matches against the other "Big Four". That just doesn't cut it. I have the feeling there will be no silverware in West London come May.

Stupid United. Fuck them, fuck Sir Alex, and fuck Ronaldo.......its like the Patriots winning....
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 12:25 »

Wht an embarassing display by Chelsea. It wasn't even a well played game by United. Chelsea has seemingly lost the ability to defend set pieces. Bad run of form. Big Phil has managed a meager 1 point in 4 matches against the other "Big Four". That just doesn't cut it. I have the feeling there will be no silverware in West London come May.

Stupid United. Fuck them, fuck Sir Alex, and fuck Ronaldo.......its like the Patriots winning....

Sounds like Chelsea lost.  Good.  I only say that b/c you said this, though:

Hopefully I can celebrate a Chelsea victory with a Steelers victory on Sunday, but I have to say, its been a while since both of my teams won on the same weekend.

So, we have the Chelsea loss, two road victories in the NFL divisional round ... all arrows are pointing up for the Steelers.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: