Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 09:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we should root for the Ravens to win  (Read 3404 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:01 »

As shitty as the offensive line is, they match up better against a 3-4 defense than a 4-3. Colon is too slow out of his stance to handle a speed defensive end shooting the gap on him, same with Starks. They're better when they have a bigger DE playing the two gap over them on first and second down. Then, when third down rolls around, they can look for the OLB coming, but at least they get a break on half the plays. It's why they can look better in pass protection against teams like the Ravens and Cowboys, but look like shit against teams like the Eagles, Colts, and Giants who have guys like Justin Tuck shooting the gap on every play.

And our guards are better off lined up over a linebacker. For all the talk about what a bad ass Kemo is, he's a pussy against bigger tackles shooting the gap between him and the C or OT. And Stapleton gets overwhelmed. They match up better if one of them can double down on the NT or fire out on a smaller ILB.

So, aside from home field, that's why I'll be rooting for the Ravens. Of course, we have to beat the Bolts first, and that's not gonna be easy. But the Bolts are a 3-4 team, so I have high hopes for our offense this game.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:11 »

And SDW makes a triumphant return. Where have you been?

I would be happy to pull the fucking rug out from under the Ratbirds in the AFCC. I just want to get there.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:15 »

And SDW makes a triumphant return. Where have you been?

Computer crapped out. By the time I got a new one, I lost the addy. This site came up in a thread on the ESPN board, and someone posted a link. Been reading all morning.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:17 »

Welcome back.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
dare2beme

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:45 »

Computer crapped out. By the time I got a new one, I lost the addy. This site came up in a thread on the ESPN board, and someone posted a link. Been reading all morning.

I was that someone.  In addition to rising from the dead from Noob status, I dragged an old-timer with me...so I guess I'm earning my keep.  Or maybe not.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:02 »

I was that someone.  In addition to rising from the dead from Noob status, I dragged an old-timer with me...so I guess I'm earning my keep.  Or maybe not.

Ummm, nahhh.   Now that we have SDW back, we don't really need ya.

Sorry.

:lol:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:07 »

Now that we have SDW back, we don't really need ya.

Quick, someone change his user name to Ernster.

I quit 'rooting for who we'll play' after the Tuck Rule game. I was so happy that we were getting to play the Pats rather than the Raiders. Was already making SB plans.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:12 »

I quit 'rooting for who we'll play' after the Tuck Rule game. I was so happy that we were getting to play the Pats rather than the Raiders. Was already making SB plans.

It is the "be careful for what you wish for syndrome," I feel the same way Oat.

Even though I would love to pull the rug out from under the Ratbirds, as I said earlier...I just want to get to the AFCC first.

dare2beme

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:16 »

Sorry.

Funny, that's the sense I got when I first started up in here, which is why I left the first time.  flipoff Grin

Besides, be careful, I could always send in the bloodhound: Feebs 2.0  Shocked

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:24 »

Sorry.

Funny, that's the sense I got when I first started up in here, which is why I left the first time.  flipoff Grin

Besides, be careful, I could always send in the bloodhound: Feebs 2.0  Shocked

Just joshin.'

As for who we should hope to play, SDW is likely right, given who we've struggled against this season...  But I agree with Otis.  Let's say we do get past SD, get the Ravens and win... then what?  We could still meet a 4-3 team in the big dance.  So, while a perfect storm of 3-4 teams in the AFC may help us advance, we still need to take care of business, beat all comers. 

So my philosophy is, I root for the Steelers.  We play who we play.  And we damned well better win when we play.    helmet

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: