Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 11:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we should root for the Ravens to win  (Read 3530 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:29 »

Ummm, nahhh.   Now that we have SDW back, we don't really need ya.

Sorry.

:lol:

Funny, that's the sense I got when I first started up in here, which is why I left the first time.  flipoff Grin

Besides, be careful, I could always send in the bloodhound: Feebs 2.0  Shocked

Just joshin.'

As for who we should hope to play, SDW is likely right, given who we've struggled against this season...  But I agree with Otis.  Let's say we do get past SD, get the Ravens and win... then what?  We could still meet a 4-3 team in the big dance.  So, while a perfect storm of 3-4 teams in the AFC may help us advance, we still need to take care of business, beat all comers. 

So my philosophy is, I root for the Steelers.  We play who we play.  And we damned well better win when we play.    helmet

No doubt, but I'm a "path of least resistance" kind of guy. If I have the option of playing Cincy, Indy, and the Seahwks straight up and losing along the way, or playing Cincy without Plamer, Indy with Dungy's dead kid in the news, and a healthy dose of help from the refs on the way to a Super Bowl win, then I'll take the later. So, while I don't get giddy that we are playing the Bolts, because I certainly understand that we may well lose, I also rejoice in the fact that we're not preparing for Peyton this week.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:35 by Steelerdipwad » Logged

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
dare2beme

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:32 »

Just joshin' back  :lol:

I knew you'd back down after threatening the DiceDom on ya  Wink

Good analysis there, SDW, but I'm with Finny on this one...gotta beat who we play...anything can happen and will...

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:34 »

I just can't bring myself to root for the Ravens.  Although, given my track record, maybe I should... 

PUMA
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:41 »

I understand the logic here but the only thing I'm rooting for in the Titans/Ravens game is a bloodbath featuring multiple knee explosions. Ed Reed would be a nice start. Followed by that Mcclain character.
dare2beme

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:47 »

I understand the logic here but the only thing I'm rooting for in the Titans/Ravens game is a bloodbath featuring multiple knee explosions. Ed Reed would be a nice start. Followed by that Mcclain character.

Cha-ching +1

Classless of me?  So what.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:49 »

the only thing I'm rooting for in the Titans/Ravens game is a bloodbath featuring multiple knee explosions. Ed Reed would be a nice start. Followed by that Mcclain character.

I just got a massive stiffie.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:51 »

Penso calls that 'treeness'.
dare2beme

« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:53 »

Clinical term: Ballsa Wood

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:54 »

Out-fucking-standing...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 08:57 »

Been sayin' forever that if Pittsburgh advances, I don't really care who they play.  Baltimore might be the "better" choice as their offense scares me less; rookie QB; rookie HC; get another home game; etc., but there's just something about playing an intra-divisional game in the playoffs...they're always tough, always close.  And, after having already beat them twice, getting the hat trick makes is that much tougher.

Still, I really think all of this is moot.  Everybody's on that Baltimore bandwagon following their easy win @ Miami as if the TITans are going to be as equally inept.  Tennessee is good, damn good and I still say they're gonna make that offense look silly tomorrow.  And, their running game and Collin's quick decisions will be more than enough to come away with a win.

Lock.  It.  Up.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: