Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 06:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we should root for the Ravens to win  (Read 3053 times)
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 10:59 »

I was actually hoping to get the Titans next round.  Not necessarily because the Ratties scare me, but that loss at Tenn a few weeks ago was an anomaly.  The defense was as bland as I've seen it since Tim Lewis, and like everyone already mentioned, that was the Titans Super Bowl.  I must say I was impressed with how they moved the ball against Baltimore, however (think somebody could tel Arians to take a look at the film?).

Time for Fucko to throw his first pick(s) in the playoffs and take his first sack(s) next week.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 11:05 »

Time for Fucko to throw his first pick(s) in the playoffs and take his first sack(s) next week.

yeah right...Fucco is thee Quinessential Game Manager.  pretty easy to not throw any picks when you are handcuffed more than Pacman Jones.

It would have been nice to give the titties a dose of steeler reality.  but i'll take it as a side dish after a helping of ratbird stew to the tune of a third loss.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 11:16 »

I was actually hoping to get the Titans next round.  Not necessarily because the Ratties scare me, but that loss at Tenn a few weeks ago was an anomaly.  The defense was as bland as I've seen it since Tim Lewis, and like everyone already mentioned, that was the Titans Super Bowl.  I must say I was impressed with how they moved the ball against Baltimore, however (think somebody could tel Arians to take a look at the film?).

They moved it against B'more b/c Collins had all day in the pocket for the most part.  Plus, they were running it well.  Johnson had about 75 yards at halftime.  They have to be sick, should have won that game.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 11:25 »

Those little 7-10 yard slants seemed to be working. And the Ravens seem to be more concerned about going for the strip than knocking the receiver on his ass. Those were money.

I figured if the Titans somehow won, it would be unlikely that they'd play two such shitty games in a row at home.

Just get thru today and have another AFC title game at home. I still think the Ravens have a 'shit the bed' game in them. Fumbles staying in bounds, two DBs falling on what should have been an easy defense, a few extra playclock seconds...that shit's gotta end.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 14:38 »

The Ravens really had no business winning that game.  Outplayed from start to finish.  If Tits McGee and Crumpler don't fumble those in the red zone, the game is over before the 3rd quarter is over.  I didn't really think it was even great plays by the Ravens to knock the ball out on either play.  Both guys were just trying to get an extra yard, IMO.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #45 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:43 »

I am going to file this under "Be Careful What You Wish For" and hope for the best.  Beating the Ravens three times in a season and heading to the Super Bowl is a dream scenario.  Losing to them in the AFC Championship washes the other two away... 

PUMA
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:57 »

I am going to file this under "Be Careful What You Wish For"

What have I done? blink

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #47 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:01 »

I am going to file this under "Be Careful What You Wish For"

What have I done? blink

Hopefully nothing...  Wink

PUMA
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: