Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 05:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shady leaving Pitt  (Read 981 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Jan 09, 2009 at 07:24 »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...e/s_606286.html

I didn't believe those early reports that he'd be returning. Being that there's probably first round money at stake, can't say I blame him.

Would have been nice to have him return, see the already very good defense improve, and see someone else besides Bill Stull at QB.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 12:37 »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...e/s_606286.html

I didn't believe those early reports that he'd be returning. Being that there's probably first round money at stake, can't say I blame him.

Would have been nice to have him return, see the already very good defense improve, and see someone else besides Bill Stull at QB.

I can't imagine what kind of relief a player feels when he gets to leave a Wannstadt-coached team.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 07:31 »

I'd want to leave to if there were a possibility that Bill Stull will be my QB again next year.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 01:06 »

I'd want to leave to if there were a possibility that Bill Stull will be my QB again next year.

Stull's done a hell of a lot more than Unibrow Flacco did here.

That said, he'll have plenty of competition in next year's camp. You'd have to think Stull, Bostick and Tino all have equal opportunity to end up starting after the spring. With Smith and Cross extreme longshots.

Also I think the first round grade probably had a lot more to do with Shady's declaration than wanting to get away from Wannstache or Billy Stull.

LeSean will be making millions upon millions. What a class act.

LeSean McCoy made it official today that he's leaving for the NFL draft. Here are the official statements from the Pitt star and his coach, Dave Wannstedt, about the decision:

McCoy:

"When I signed with Pitt out of prep school, I didn't know what to expect. I just knew in my heart that God had given me a second chance. As a result of a season-ending injury my senior year, I learned a humbling lesson. Nothing is promised to us and it can all be taken away in a moment.

"During my two years at Pitt, I have received an overwhelming amount of love and acceptance, starting from my first visit to the university all the way through the end of this season. I have been treated with respect, class and consideration. For that I am incredibly grateful.

"Recently there has been a lot of speculation regarding my decision to either stay in school or enter the NFL draft. I have frequently played both choices in my mind. I have considered my alternatives -- and  I have prayed.  I have made my final decision and will forego my junior season at the University of Pittsburgh to enter the NFL draft.

"I will always cherish the opportunity Pitt has given me. I wore No. 25 with pride and tried to represent my coaches, teammates, staff and Panther fans with class. I would like to thank everyone involved with the Pitt football program for a wonderful two years in Pittsburgh.

"On a personal note to coach Wannstedt: Thank you for your support, guidance and counsel. I take a part of you with me. Although I will be wearing a new jersey next season, I will forever be a Pitt Panther.

"One of my goals in coming here was to help my teammates and coaches bring Pitt back to its rightful place among the prominent teams in college football. We made big strides in that journey, and I believe coach Wannstedt, the coaching staff and my teammates will continue that upward climb next season and into the future.

"Hail to Pitt!"
Wannstedt:
"Four years ago I had the opportunity to watch a recruiting tape of a Harrisburg kid named LeSean McCoy. His tremendous talent was evident from the very first viewing and I said to our staff 'We have to get him to Pitt.'

"Of course, LeSean did end up at Pitt, a decision that has been a wonderful benefit to him, our football program and university.

"When you have exceptionally gifted players, you realize the NFL can be a reality sooner rather than later. Certainly that is the case with LeSean and we worked to make sure he had all the information needed to make the best decision about his pro prospects.

"LeSean ultimately has decided to enter the draft. While he had said earlier he would be returning to Pitt, I think during the past two weeks he finally had an opportunity to reflect on his opportunities. I know firsthand how enticing the NFL can be for young men, both financially and from the standpoint of realizing a lifelong dream of playing pro football. I told LeSean he would always have our support and we wish him only the very, very best."

I can't feel anything but lucky and proud that the U of Pittsburgh was represented by a young man like him. Full marks and thanks for your time here. No go take advantage of the Larry Fitzgerald rule and go be the next Larry Fitzgerald.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 16:10 »

Thank God and good riddance......

Pitt's Cavanaugh to take job with New York Jets
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt football offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh is expected to take a job as an offensive assistant with the New York Jets, likely working with quarterbacks, according to a source.

Cavanaugh has been at Pitt since 2004, when head coach Dave Wannstadt hired him. Before that, he was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

"We all know Matt's a great coach and I'm sure a lot of other people out there will be interested in giving him another opportunity," Wannstedt said. "It wouldn't surprise me if people had an interest in him, but at this point, I have nothing to say about it,".

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09035/946896-100.stm
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 17:02 »

Thank God and good riddance......

Pitt's Cavanaugh to take job with New York Jets
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt football offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh is expected to take a job as an offensive assistant with the New York Jets, likely working with quarterbacks, according to a source.

Cavanaugh has been at Pitt since 2004, when head coach Dave Wannstadt hired him. Before that, he was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

"We all know Matt's a great coach and I'm sure a lot of other people out there will be interested in giving him another opportunity," Wannstedt said. "It wouldn't surprise me if people had an interest in him, but at this point, I have nothing to say about it,".

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09035/946896-100.stm

I was just about to post this. Who in their right mind hires this guy to run an NFL offense?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: