Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 26, 2014 at 01:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft Articles  (Read 2431 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Jan 09, 2009 at 12:15 »

With draft time approaching there may be some out there who would like to author an article.  If you are one of those people then let me know.  Articles appear in the articles section and the "feature" article appears on the front page in the center.

To get a list of articles, check out the left side of the home page (click "home" on the menu up top for the home page).  Click one of the articles to read it and to enter the article section where the list expands to present all articles.

The listing on the home page contains only the 5 most recent articles in each category.  Currently, there's an empty "Draft" category just waiting for the first draft article.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:07 »

I have two in the works.  I know I say this every year, but this year I mean it!

First, I have a pre-combine draft article, sort of the light and fluffy overview since we don't know what's happening yet with the FAs.

Second, I'm interviewing Wes Bunting, the guy who does all the draft stuff for National Football Post, and who publishes at NFLPS.  That may even be a 2-parter.

So... where do I drop them? 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:22 »

Cool.  OK, to get to the first screen below, click "Manage Articles" link in your user box, left side, home page.  On that screen you'll see the top list of uncategorized articles and a list of categories (bottom).

To write a new article, click "Add HTML" and that will put you in the second screen.  It has a rudimentary word processory.  You can paste into the text area from Word or whatever and the formatting should be fine.

Be sure to save your article to the "Draft" category.  Be sure to click the "Save" button at the bottom.  After saving, click the "Articles" link to get back to the first screen.  Then click the "Draft" link in the bottom list of categories and you should see your article.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:28 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:38 »

All right.  I think I can handle that.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:48 »

Also, as soon as it's saved it will appear on the front page on the left under the "MGS Content" section under "Draft." 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 13:55 »

And here's the view after you click on a category.  In this case, "News."  You'll see along the right that the first article has been selected as the "Featured" article and thus appears in the center of the front page.

I want to keep the current feature article through Friday.  After that (if you're ready with your articles) then go ahead and set one as featured (click the little square).

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:06 »

Second, I'm interviewing Wes Bunting, the guy who does all the draft stuff for National Football Post, and who publishes at NFLPS.  That may even be a 2-parter.

KFFL.com is reporting that a "reporter" donned in a spiffy jacket and khakis attempted to break into Mr. Bunting's home for an interview this past weekend while both of Mr. Bunting's daughters were sleeping.  When asked to leave the premises, the "reporter" allegedly setup camp, charcoal grill included, near Mr. Bunting's driveway entrance.  "He promised me that interview and I ain't f***in' leavin' 'til I get it.  I'm a f***in' professional, damnit!!" the anonymous "journalist" shouted as he was approached by numerous concerned and frightened neighbors.   As they retreated to their homes in fear, one visibly shaken neighbor stated, "that dude is off his rocker...who wears a 'Shit on the Cook' apron while grilling?"  Another bystander was taken aback by the "reporter's" size, "All that noise...all that ruckus...and he was so SHORT...almost like he didn't have a torso or somethin'."  Mr. Bunting denied any affiliation or relationship with the gatecrasher and was unavailable for further comment.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:13 »

KFFL.com is reporting that a "reporter" donned in a spiffy jacket and khakis attempted to break into Mr. Bunting's home for an interview this past weekend while both of Mr. Bunting's daughters were sleeping.  When asked to leave the premises, the "reporter" allegedly setup camp, charcoal grill included, near Mr. Bunting's driveway entrance.  "He promised me that interview and I ain't f***in' leavin' 'til I get it.  I'm a f***in' professional, damnit!!" the anonymous "journalist" shouted as he was approached by numerous concerned and frightened neighbors.   As they retreated to their homes in fear, one visibly shaken neighbor stated, "that dude is off his rocker...who wears a 'Shit on the Cook' apron while grilling?"  Another bystander was taken aback by the "reporter's" size, "All that noise...all that ruckus...and he was so SHORT...almost like he didn't have a torso or somethin'."  Mr. Bunting denied any affiliation or relationship with the gatecrasher and was unavailable for further comment.

clap

Actually, I did a phone interview with the guy over the weekend, and he had a lot of great info IMO.  But imagine someone who's not as robotic as Harry, or as annoying as Kiper, but every bit as wordy... I'm transcribing the voice recorder and this effin thing is going like novel-lenght... So it's taking time, and I have to edit heavily.  Still, good stuff.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 13:52 »

Looking forward to it.  How could he have anything to say w/out knowing the # of reps they can do and which guy is the most loose the left nut fast?
 :rolleyes:

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:01 »

Well, I don't know what the fuck is going on.  I have 4 interview articles edited and ready to post, but the first one I loaded, formatted, added pics and links, and saved... Nothing.  Did it again.  Nothing.

So WTF, I don't know.  A lot of damned work getting it to this point.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: