Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 02:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mangini to the Brownies  (Read 373 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Jan 07, 2009 at 12:48 »

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28542865/

Thought he got kind of a raw deal in NY. 2 of 3 seasons were winning seasons, and Farve basically Int'd them out of the playoffs this year.

Regardless, not sure I'd go this way if I was the Brownies. Given the lack of success of former Patsie coordinaters, including their former coach.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 13:06 »

Yeah, Mangina did get a raw deal in NY, and he's going to find toough sledding in this division with the Steelers and Ravens.  Although wasn't he linked to someone in the Ravens org who might come in with him as GM?  Wonder how that affects them...

Anyway...

You're dead, motherfucker!  Welcome to hell!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 18:57 »

Yeah, Mangina did get a raw deal in NY, and he's going to find toough sledding in this division with the Steelers and Ravens.  Although wasn't he linked to someone in the Ravens org who might come in with him as GM?  Wonder how that affects them...

Anyway...

You're dead, motherfucker!  Welcome to hell!

MANGINI GETS THE JOB<George Kokinis will be the G.M.  The Browns are scheduled to interview Kokinis on Monday.

I've always found it back-asswards when teams hire a coach before a G.M. Seems like they're placing the cart before the proverbial horse. I think the browns are so upset that they let Belicheat go before he became a "genius", they'll keep throwing his disciples at the wall until one of them stick.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 21:50 »

I've always found it back-asswards when teams hire a coach before a G.M. Seems like they're placing the cart before the proverbial horse. I think the browns are so upset that they let Belicheat go before he became a "genius", they'll keep throwing his disciples at the wall until one of them stick.

I agree on both counts.  Shouldn't you hire the GM and then let him hire the coach?  Then the coach hires his staff ...

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: