Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 21:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP-- January 18th-- Ravoons at Steelers  (Read 19446 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 20:46 »

I'm *slightly* worried that Ray Rice is apparently healthy and will be available for the Ravens. I think he offers their offense a little extra dimension in the running game - but I expect LeBeau/Tomlin to be thoroughly prepared for it.

He's a RC RB ( Wink) but he was productive early on.

My expectations for this game? I think Flacco implodes. I think the Steelers either get a lucky break or just come out gunning and get up by 10 or more by the mid-2nd quarter. Then the Ravens will find it harder to protect Flacco, he'll have to put it in the air, and the mistakes will come in bunches before he settles down again and Balty gets a couple of late scores to bring it closer.

So, my pick is Steelers 26-17, with the Ravens scoring 10 points in the last 7 minutes or so.

Ben: 18 of 32, 259 yards, 2 TDs (with one of 45 or more yards) and 0 INTs, though maybe a fumble. Sacked 3 times.
Parker: 24 carries, 85 yards
Moore: 8 carries, 42 yards, 4 catches for 35
Washington: 3 catches, 94 yards, TD
Miller: 6 catches, 65 yards
Holmes: 2 catches, 24 yards, TD
Ward: 3 catches, 41 yards

Flacco: 23 of 40, 278 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, sacked 5 times, 2 fumbles lost.
McClain: 11 carries, 25 yards
McGahee: 8 carries, 10 yards
Rice: 6 carries, 21 yards
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 20:54 »

Didn't catch that and I cannot resolve it.  Houston, we have a problem.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 22:40 »

I think Flacco implodes

I wouldnt count on that happening.  Harbaugh and Cameroon will not let it.  They WILL play him the same way they have been all year long.  Play conservative in their own end, Run, run, high % pass.  get a little creative and more "daring" between the 40's.  if by chance they get into the red zone, expect alot of PA, and Die Hard up the gut.

Its ugly offensive football, but im guessin harbaugh and co would rather take their chances with field position than getting ballsy and turning the ball over.  heck its gotten them to the AFCG, so its not bad at all.

now once that rattie defense wears down in the coming years, im sure we will all know how truly "special" Joe Drool is.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 07:47 »

I think Flacco implodes

I wouldnt count on that happening.  Harbaugh and Cameroon will not let it.  They WILL play him the same way they have been all year long.  Play conservative in their own end, Run, run, high % pass.  get a little creative and more "daring" between the 40's.  if by chance they get into the red zone, expect alot of PA, and Die Hard up the gut.

Its ugly offensive football, but im guessin harbaugh and co would rather take their chances with field position than getting ballsy and turning the ball over.  heck its gotten them to the AFCG, so its not bad at all.

now once that rattie defense wears down in the coming years, im sure we will all know how truly "special" Joe Drool is.

Good points. Just to clarify, I don't think Flacco will put in a Delhomme-like performance, where he's throwing picks off the bat.

He is a good player and the Ravens protect him with their play-calling. But, he's still a rookie, and in a game with so much on the line, the Steelers are going to force him to make plays for them to win. And I think he won't.

In other words, if the Steelers build a lead and shut down the run, Flacco's going to be in a lot of obvious passing situations and I think the mistakes will start slowly but snowball.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 08:20 »

D 5 sacks and 2 picks.
Fucco 14 of 33 170 a TD and 3 picks.

I'd take that too, but D gets 2 picks and Fucco throws 3? :huh:

Yeah.  The Amazing Mr. Ed Reed runs one back for a TD. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
dare2beme

« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 08:31 »

I'd take that too, but D gets 2 picks and Fucco throws 3? :huh:
Yeah.  The Amazing Mr. Ed Reed runs one back for a TD. 

Credit where credit is (dog) doo.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 09:06 »

Last night NFL network played the two Steeler/Raven games.  In the first one, Steelers got 2 TD's in 14 seconds, which I had forgotten.  About a 40 yd TD pass to Holmes, and a Flacco sandwich that resulted in a Woodley TD. They were playing the game back in 90 minutes.  Not showing any punts and eliminated some 3 and out possessions.

They are replaying the Steeler/Charger game tomorrow (Wed) night at 9:00 eastern.  Maybe it is 9:30, hell I don't recall, that was last night.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 10:00 »

I think the Steelers come out over-confident, and Cameron has a trick or two up his sleeve to get the lead. Then it will be a battle for two quarters, and finally, in the fourth quarter, the wear and tear of the war the Ratbirds just went through in Tennessee takes its toll, and the Steelers move the ball with success. Flacco ends up throwing a couple picks at the end of the game. trying to rally the troops. Steelers 24-Ravens 13

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 11:16 »

This one feels like a shutout.

64-0.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 11:44 »

They interviewed Jim Leonard on the local station last night. Interesting guy. First, he said his concussion is "nothing", apparently he was fine after the game and will play. He said that, other than wanting to go to San Diego for some sunshine, he and the other Ravens he was watching the Steeler game with genuinely wanted to play the Steelers this week. He said the two best teams they played this year in his opinion were the Titans and Steelers, but he gave the impression that he thought the Titans were better. He was asked about Ward, and he said he thought Ward was a dirty player, that he doesn't square up and block guys straight up, but takes cheap shots on crack back blocks. He had a lot of good things to say about Ben. He thought that out o-line wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but that the Steeler scheme leaves Ben exposed by running a lot of receivers out there and empty backfields. He went on and on about how tough Ben was and how one of his biggest fears is that he will be sent on a blitz, and not be able to get Ben down even if he gets to him, before Ben completes a pass. He said that the two teams "genuinely hate" each other, that it wasn't an act. And he discounted any notion that they will be tired.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: