Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 02:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP-- January 18th-- Ravoons at Steelers  (Read 18403 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 11, 2009 at 20:51 »

Eff L. Ron McLain and Joey Flaccoseagulls.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:49 by otismalibu » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 21:09 »

Eff L. Ron McLain and Joey Flaccoseagulls.

It'll take more than imaginary aliens and seagull droppings to beat the Steelers in Heinz Field next week.  Sorry, Ratbirds.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
dare2beme

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:05 »

I always thought Flacco looked like a Cretin.

What's a Cretin look like?  Well, it has a unibrow...
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2009 at 23:33 by dare2beme » Logged

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 01:58 »

It'll take more than imaginary aliens and seagull droppings to beat the Steelers in Heinz Field next week.  Sorry, Ratbirds.

the ratties will need a higher power to intervene on their behalf.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 06:26 »

the ratties will need a higher power to intervene on their behalf.

Fuck Ray Ray! Fuck the Ratbirds (Sorry Spen)! There is not a team I would rather beat to get to the Super Bowl than Baltimore...And a team I would hate to lose to more to miss the Super Bowl. GO STEELERS!!!!!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:03 »

Okay, let's talk a little about Flacco.  To this point, he has looked "better" as a playoff rookie than Ben did in his rookie playoffs, simply because he's won two games.  But they've won only partially because of him.  They are clearly protecting him (as they should). 

My thing with Flacco is that he pulled off two great plays Sat., where he basically just chucked it downfield.  I especially didn't think the second one was a great throw, and receiver made a great play while the DB's made poor plays on the ball.

I heard another "analyst" say that "Joe Flacco is quickly becoming the best deep-ball thrower in the NFL."  Again, puh-leeeeeeze.  Let's not overstate things, shall we?  If we can keep him from getting those deep passes, I think we can pretty much neutralize him.

And let's PLEASE be prepared for the Lee-ron Macalain cutback, as that's about the only time he got big yardage.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:09 »

I work in Baltimore, so I hear the Wacko for Flacco commercials every day. (or Wackoff for Flaccoff, as I like to say) I expcet the same kind of game out of him as we've seen in the first two games. The game will either be won or lost by our o-line IMO. Protect Ben somewhat, and open a couple holes for FWP, and we win. Crumble like they did in the last two Raven games, and it's a nail biter that they may pull off.

Early injury report has Samari Rolle has a bad groin pull, probably out for the game. Leonard has a concussion, may or may not be ready for the game. And Suggs shoulder isn't supposed to be an issue.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:23 »

We can discuss all the angles to this game, and it's fun to do, but this game comes down to one thing.  Take care of the ball. Our D matches theirs, if not better.  Our O, when on, is better than theirs.  If we don't turn the ball over, we'll win. If Miami had taken care of the ball, they'd have won.  If Tennessee doesn't turn it over, they win.  Most of the turnovers were really unforced.  Bad throws, fumbles when taking on a single tackler, etc. 

Don't panic, because Baltimore simply does not have the offensive firepower to run away and hide.  Make the playcalls creative, but safe on offense.  Throws downfield are fine and needed, but don't just put it up for grabs - Ed Reed will get it if you do.  Stay with the running game, and protect the ball.  If we can put Flacco in a position where he has to make somehting happen, odds are the won't get it done.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:47 »

To be honest, I was worried that Ben's melon was going to be mushy after the concussion, and he'd have a couple of prototypical dumbass picks that we'd somehow heroically overcome with our magnifcent D and some late-game magic from 7 hisself.

The fact that Ben had ZERO picks, ZERO fumbles, and had his line play perhaps better than they did all year (stupid penalties aside) gives me great hope.  Ben was off on his throws a few times -- sailing them a bit high on the longer throws, missing an easy throw to Heat by leading him too much -- but again, he was putting the ball where our guys at least had a chance at making a play on them, and the defenders didn't.  He moved around well, and threw the ball away when needed.  That effin laser in the 4Q when they showed Livers reacting like he'd just seen Elway on the field, that shit was money.

All Ben has to do is play like that.

Two.

More.

Games.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:01 »

Funny how a week changes things.  Before this weekend, the Ravens were the team to beat, incredible D, Flacco is a god, yada yada, while the Steelers are in danger of being the upset victim.  Today, all you hear from Ravens-Titans is that the Titans got screwed on the non-delay of game call while the Steelers are completely dominant.

I think by midweek it will still be billed as a tough battle.  It has to be.  But Pittsburgh's a 5 point favorite right now thanks to the weekend.  Sorry, but that's too high.  Likely a FG game.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: