Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 19:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP-- January 18th-- Ravoons at Steelers  (Read 19419 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:12 »

If Leonhard is out that is huge.  He's always around the ball on D and is a threat in the return game as well.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:37 »

I hope we aren't being set up for a huge disappointment by the O-line.  Didn't the SD D only have 16 or 17 sacks all year?  It was nice to see Ben get some protection, but he wasn't facing and Eagles or Ravens type of D.

I think fans will expect to see the same performance out of the O line next week, and I just don't see it happening.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:49 »

I think fans will expect to see the same performance out of the O line next week, and I just don't see it happening.

It won't be the same, because it's the Ravens instead of the Chargers.  But, if the EFFORT and PREPARATION are the same, then I think we will be fine.  The Ravens D will make a great effort look like a decent result--but a decent result is all we need from our front five, IMO. 

I don't care if we win this game 3-2.  Just win it.  And keep Ben in one piece!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:02 »

The titans were running on the Ravens until Johnson got hurt.  Not saying we'll run all over them, but it is possible to get some yards.  We can at least run on them enough to slow the pass rush and make the passing game more effective.  IF the Oline comes to play.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:15 »

Johnson was eating their lunch before he got hurt.  Even after he left, Ravens were vely rucky to come out on top.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:26 »

I think Suggs may be hurt now more than he is leading on, but the World Wide leader aired something where Suggs said he was playing no matter what. 

Hopefully FWP can run like he did yesterday, becasue I think the Ravens are getting tired and fairly banged up.

Having said that, and even as much as I can't stand Ray Ray, I'll give him some credit for that hit he put on  *whomeveritwas* when he knocked his helmet off.  I think it was a screen pass and Killer hit him at about the Titans 10 yard line.  He freaking smacked the taste out of that guys mouth.

I want to see someone blind side Suggs and his ailing shoulder. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:36 »

I predicted a blowout of San Diego in the other thread, and it shouldn't have been close as the score indicated.  I really think they didn't mind if the Chargers scored in the 4th quarter in order to get the ball back and run the clock out.

I think this game will be another wide margin game.  Not necissarily a blow out, but maybe 10-17 point range? 

Three reasons: 

I think Flacco will pee his pants in the AFCC.  Maybe attempt no more than 10-15 passes.  He'll have the hold-on-to-the-ball-itis, allowing several sacks and a fumble or two.

The defense is banged up and tired.  I think the Steelers can run it well, and we'll have a very similar game plan as against San Diego.  If we're not doing well in the first half, they'll turn to the hurry-up and spread the ball around.

MacLean is hobbled.  I don't expect an aggressive performance as prior, and much more of McGahee, which will help the Steelers.

Things that scare me.

If Flacco is allowed to sit in the pocket, I fear Derrick Mason.  I don't know how, but he always seems to get open, especially against the Steelers.  I'd expect alot of cover two look with Troy mostly off of the line of scrimmage to help out against the deep ball to Clayton, or medium range pass to Mason.  Timmons or Woodley would probably shadow Heap.

Biggest point of all DON'T turn the ball over AND Tomlin: DONT TAKE uneeded risks like a fake punt or going on 4th and goal.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:59 »

Biggest point of all DON'T turn the ball over AND Tomlin: DONT TAKE uneeded risks like a fake punt or going on 4th and goal.

Absolutely agree with 100% of that statement.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:01 »

I think this game will be another wide margin game.  Not necissarily a blow out, but maybe 10-17 point range?  

I think the only way it's that wide a margin is if we get a lead early, whether by a big play or a turnover or two.  Get up 7-10 points in the second half, force the ravens to throw, and capitalize on mistakes to widen the margin late.  Unless that defense really is worn out, we won't consistently march up and down the field against them.

Now, it's possible they're worn down- they had a tough game this weekend while our D only had to play 3 quarters, and it's not like Sproles was doling out the punishment on his 11 runs.  We certainly should be fresher despite the fact they'll have an extra day off.

This is the #1 priority - do not give them any cheap points.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:16 »

If Pittsburgh wins, experts will say that Pittsburgh's road to the SB was easy (a #4 and #6) since they didn't have to face Tennessee and Manning the SuperHero.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: