Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 23:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP-- January 18th-- Ravoons at Steelers  (Read 17823 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:25 »

If Pittsburgh wins, experts will say that Pittsburgh's road to the SB was easy (a #4 and #6) since they didn't have to face Tennessee and Manning the SuperHero.

I think if they play a good game, and win fairly soundly, they'll be cool with it.  There are six seeds, and then there are 6 seeds.  I don't think anyone considers the Ravens a pushover.  If we win really ugly, or on a questionable play, they'll be all over either Arizona or Philly.

I don't even want to think about the talking heads contemplating a 6 seed vs. 6 seed Super Bowl (in additon to the obvious reason).
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:55 »

I was just joshin', msdmnr.  It was meant for the clowns out there that always find something to criticize about a performance.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 14:16 »

I'm worried our Achilles heel will get exposed this game.  I thought the punting was #1 and O-Line a close #2.  The O-line stepped it up, and while Berger had a decent game, he had his fair share of short punts.

I don't want to be penned inside the 15, have a short punt to Jim Lehnoard fielded at the 50, and returned to the 40 or 35.  We can't have that type of scenario play out.  I hope Berger eats his spinach before the game.  Fortunately this nightmare punting scenario comes to an end in one or two games. 
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 14:38 »

Meh, Berger can just aim for the heads of the blockers, problem solved.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 15:16 »

By the way, tackling Sproles, the NFL equivalent of a Chihuahua, for three quarters is gonna leave out defense fresh. Definitely not like tackling Jacobs and Turner all day. Remember that hit Woodley put on Sproles where he just crushed him? Did that look like Woodley suffered from the hit?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 15:28 »

By the way, tackling Sproles, the NFL equivalent of a Chihuahua, for three quarters is gonna leave out defense fresh. Definitely not like tackling Jacobs and Turner all day. Remember that hit Woodley put on Sproles where he just crushed him? Did that look like Woodley suffered from the hit?

I almost felt bad for Sproles on that hit.

Almost.

I saw Sproles more as that Lucky Charms leprechaun or something.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 15:31 »

I know I was thinking 3 or 4 more solid hits like that and Sproles would be down to about 3/4 speed, at best.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #27 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 18:48 »

Steelers 24 Ratbirds 13.  I just see the RC Coach and QB for Balt. being exposed in this one.  Fucco has completed like 20 passes in two playoff games.  He will have to throw in this one as their running attack probably will have a bad day. 
Ben 240 Yds and 2tds Ward and Ward ( the Ratbirds favorite Steeler) 1 Int.  Parker 95 yds and a TD.  D 5 sacks and 2 picks.
Ratbirds 89 yds rushing and Fucco 14 of 33 170 a TD and 3 picks.
Here We Go STEELERS!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 18:53 »

Steelers 24 Ratbirds 13.  I just see the RC Coach and QB for Balt. being exposed in this one.  Fucco has completed like 20 passes in two playoff games.  He will have to throw in this one as their running attack probably will have a bad day. 
Ben 240 Yds and 2tds Ward and Ward ( the Ratbirds favorite Steeler) 1 Int.  Parker 95 yds and a TD.  D 5 sacks and 2 picks.
Ratbirds 89 yds rushing and Fucco 14 of 33 170 a TD and 3 picks.
Here We Go STEELERS!

I'd take that.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
dare2beme

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 20:24 »

D 5 sacks and 2 picks.
Fucco 14 of 33 170 a TD and 3 picks.

I'd take that too, but D gets 2 picks and Fucco throws 3? :huh:
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2009 at 20:26 by dare2beme » Logged

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: