Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 [34] 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC CHAMPIONSHIP-- January 18th-- Ravoons at Steelers  (Read 18080 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #330 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:09 »

I still cannot believe the fortuitous matchup with the Cardinals.  Man, the media will have all sorts of story lines and the Steelers should be able to whip their arses.  The Cards HAVE NOT faced a defense like the Steelers all season.  Just try to contain Fitzgerald and hit Warner a few times.  Their running game won't win it.

And their defense can be good but not on a consistent basis.  The Super Bowl is the Steelers to lose, they should be double-digit favorites.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #331 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:14 »

I have to say, I don't feel great about playing AZ.  Warner gets the ball out fast.  Fitz looked really good today.  Boldin and Breaston are there as well.  Their TEs, Patrick and Pope, played well today.

Their D looked really good against ATL.  So-so today and I didn't see their game last weekend.

They ran on the Iggles but their rush yards per game was around 80.  Passing yards are pretty high. 

They've looked good in the post-season but got blown out by NE....maybe it was the weather, though this won't be a factor in Tampa. 

I'm really hoping Ward is able to play.  The offense tanked when he left. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #332 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:20 »

I have to say, I don't feel great about playing AZ

Yeah, I'm not engraving the trophy just yet. Unless you get to Warner, he'll pick you apart. A little pressure and he's Dave Krieg, some protection and he's Joe Montana.

Outside chance I can get tix.  Shocked

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #333 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:25 »

Well, would you rather it was Philly?  Warner hasn't played a defense like the Steelers yet.  LeBeau will have two weeks to prepare for whatever they have. 

It's not engraved but I'm liking this.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #334 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:30 »

It's not engraved but I'm liking this.

If given the choice between the cardinal pass rush or that of the iggles, i would choose the cardinal one every friggin day of the week.

Im liking this very very much

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #335 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:43 »

I like being in the SB, regardless of the other team.

Just sayin' overconfidence ain't no good for nothin'.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #336 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:57 »

Awesome, awesome game. They never trailed from the opening drive.

First impressions: Big, big props to Lebeau for anticipating the Ravens gameplan and going Cover 2 from the start. The Ravens came out throwing, but the D was ready. Troy played like a league MVP today. He was everywhere, from leaping over the line to get Fucco on that 4th down play, sacking Fucco on that rollout, breaking up passes, and of course, the pick 6. Reed who?? Woodley was huge, and JH was still getting pressure through the double team. William Gay seems like one of best Day 2 picks in last several drafts. The D allowed 198 total net yards, forced 4 TO's, and scored. Sweet.

Offensively, losing Hines was a big loss, especially since the Rats couldn't cover him as usual. Sweed can't catch shit, but did make a crushing block on Ivy. I know some people will be down on Willie,but  I respect his performance. It keep them honest and did wear down the Rats D. Running him consistently between the tackles was a mistake, and that's on BA. Big Ben was , well, BIG. The TD to Holmes was clutch, and Ben kept making mostly good decisions. The zip on his ball is officially back. Overall, not their best offensive performance, but good enough to beat the Ratshits. Berger was punting OK until his wounded duck. At least he made a nice tackle on that big return.

I thought the PI calls were a little ticky tacky, but legitimate. The Steelers got a gift on the roughing the kicker call, as it wasn't even running into the kicker, let alone the 15 yarder. Ben made a terrible decision to throw that pass to MM over the middle and the time ran out. Still a great, great win. Put those fuckers in their place.

I got a feeling...

PITTSBURGH'S HEADED TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #337 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:59 »

Ditto that Oat. AZ ain't your Daddy's AZ. It will be a tough game. Hopefully the boys can reel in number 6. Job isn't done boys and girls, but it sure sweet to be at the dance!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #338 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 23:09 »

Ditto that Oat. AZ ain't your Daddy's AZ. It will be a tough game. Hopefully the boys can reel in number 6. Job isn't done boys and girls, but it sure sweet to be at the dance!

I'm with Oat on this.  They beat us last year, though that was last year.  Think we can take 'em, but Fitz scares me.  What I wouldn't give to have him in black & gold!!

I think our D can take 'em.  We came out of this bone crusher pretty well I think.  Hopefully Hines will be full speed.  And maybe BA can get his head out of his ass for one more game.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #339 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 23:14 »

Just as long as the Steelers aren't overconfident ... and Tomlin won't allow that for a second.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 33 [34] 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: