Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 09:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurry Up Offense  (Read 572 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:06 »

Pretty obvious that Ben needs to run the hurry up, and call his own plays. For the whole first half, though the running game was working, offense really wasn't going anywhere. Hurry up kicks in, Ben calls his own plays, then BAM! Things start clicking. There is not a QB I would rather have then Big Ben. Period. One more win against the Ratties!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:16 »

I will be shocked if we are able to run the ball vs. Baltimore the way that we did Sunday.  Granted, I'm thrilled that our line played the way they did and that we were able to get it done on the ground.  But the Chargers ain't the Ravens.

With that in mind, I think we'll HAVE to go no-huddle a lot vs. the Ravens.  They didn't respond well at all to that against the Dolphins, and the Ratbirds looked worn out at the end of that game.  I also think that we're going to have to get the ball outside--ESPECIALLY to MM on swing passes--to get around these guys.  Just a hint Bruce--Carey Davis isn't going to run around anyone!!!

As always, the Ravens' defense is great.  But, I think there are some vulnerabilities to be found.  We'll see if Arians is smart enough to find them.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 07:54 »

One thing I really liked from BA's playcalling Sunday was that he took shots downfield.  Maybe we don't connect on all of them, but the fact that we kept the D honest, and did get some big plays out of them, AND that Ben didn't underthrow at all...  good signs.  I think the deep ball is where we hit the Ravens.  Sure, they have Reed, but I don't think their corners are all that.  Counter the blitz, make them play off the line a bit more.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:07 »

I agree Finny, I lied that we took shots downfield, off of playaction especially. That should pull Reed in, especially if FWP is FWP again this week.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:13 »

I'm listening to the Ravens Monday Morning Quarterback show. They are not concerned about stopping our offense, but they are sweating like Oprah on a treadmill about their offense.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:17 »

AND that Ben didn't underthrow at all...  good signs

I noticed that, and loved the fact that Ben was hurling it out there rather than trying to "lay it in" and leaving it short.  Chuck it, Ben...Nate can run under it!  I'm thinking that he might just catch it in the EZ had it not been for the interference.

I'm listening to the Ravens Monday Morning Quarterback show. They are not concerned about stopping our offense, but they are sweating like Oprah on a treadmill about their offense.

Nice!

Still, I'm telling you, with the right game plan and a good outing by Ben, their defense can be beaten as well.

Biggest key--DON'T TURN THE !@#%* BALL OVER!!!!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 09:56 »

I believe our running game is going to TEAR THE RAVENS APART.

Chris Johnson was running all over the ravens, inside, outside, unpside-down, all sorts of crazy shit... if he doesnt get hurt and have a back-up fatter and slower then dear old Jerome, i believe the Titans win by 10.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:55 by OhioU_Stlrs_Fan » Logged

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:42 »

ben seems to have miraculously healed his shoulder as I haven't seen bullets and bombs like that from him all year.  maybe he read or heard some BS about leftwich's arm strength or something?  possibly the knock in the head unlocked some magic from years past??  whatever it was, it's good to have the arm back...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: