Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 14:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodley plants Livers  (Read 1526 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:23 »

No comments I've seen yet here about that sack.  Rivers acheived treeness not in the good way on that one.  Face-first style.  Always knew he was dumb as a stump. 

Ah yes.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
dare2beme

« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:32 »

If the game had been played at the old Three Rivers Stadium, it would have to be renamed Four Rivers Stadium.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:36 »

Okay, a couple of comments:

1.  Aaron Smith ran through a near-tackle to put on the initial pressure.  No holding call, of course.  But maybe we should give him the ball in short-yardage.

2.  Woodley was hanging on to Rivers, barely had his feet on the ground, as Rivers tried to spin out of the sack.  His own momentum caused him to go down like he did.

3.  I cannot believe that the announcers even DISCUSSED the possibility that was a penalty.  Tell me Troy is wrong for calling the NFL a "pansy" league.  I cannot fathom how anyone who knows football would think that should be roughing.  I don't doubt that some ref might call it, but if that's what this league is coming to, then they are losing a lot of credibility.

4.  Rivers got up asking for a penalty, which proves that he is the absolute posterboy for Pansy League.  What a punk!  I thought his post-game comments showed some maturity...perhaps he needs to take a bit of that to the field.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:37 »

If the game had been played at the old Three Rivers Stadium, it would have to be renamed Four Rivers Stadium.

Could have had one rivers for the thumb, if Ward's block had been at home!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:38 »

comments on page 23 of the gameday thread, along with discussions about the possibility a play like that could actually be penalized.

Speaking of which, it confirms even more that Rivers is a humongous wuss if he went whining to the ref for a call on that.  You got drilled, face planted.  If they call it, good for you (crappy for the league, but good for you).  If not, take it like a man and get in the huddle or off the field.

Not bad.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:42 »

That was one I had to watch about 5 times over in replay.  Unfortunately, can't view the link you posted from work, the bastards block all that shit out.

In slo-mo, you could see Livers'es'es body vibrate off the bounce.  You could tell his fucking teeth were hurting after that shit.  Credit where due, though, the whiny redneck played a pretty damned good game and didn't let the Woodley sack to affect him, much.  But I bet he's feelin' that shit today...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
dare2beme

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:43 »

Not bad.

Yeah, I was going to go with something like trying to irrigate a new river without first digging a trench, but my boss called me and I had to send it out quick...

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:55 »

i love the last slo-mo replay, his body just goes limp and bounces on the turf.  ouch.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:31 »

Okay, a couple of comments:

2.  Woodley was hanging on to Rivers, barely had his feet on the ground, as Rivers tried to spin out of the sack.  His own momentum caused him to go down like he did.

4.   I thought his post-game comments showed some maturity...perhaps he needs to take a bit of that to the field.

Ok - I have to call HOMER on #2.  That is the same as me grabbing someone's fist and punching them in the face with it and saying "he was punching himself".  I'm a huge Steeler homer myself, I'm just sayin.

#4 - Rivers lost me when he made some comment about playing in the tournament.  Was he talking about a badminton tourney he now has time for since the post season has ended for the Chargers?

One pregame interview Rivers was saying that people who know him know who he "really" is, blah blah blah.  Essentially giving himself a pass to act like a classless tool.  Until he has some self awareness, he won't accomplish much.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 13:32 »

:ragdoll:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print