Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 29, 2014 at 02:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFCC Game  (Read 6677 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:04 »

For God's Sake, just win this week...  That is all I can ask for right now and I will deal with the next two weeks when I have to.

PUMA
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:06 »

For God's Sake, just win this week...  That is all I can ask for right now and I will deal with the next two weeks when I have to.

PUMA

iagree sign_baa iagree

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:45 »

obviously, I agree as well to just win this game first, just responding to Finny's thing about Glendale...just sayin'.... smiley_towel

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:51 »

obviously, I agree as well to just win this game first, just responding to Finny's thing about Glendale...just sayin'.... smiley_towel

Nothing personal, naturally. 

You're obviously the exception to the rant, LOL!

headbang

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 13:07 »

Wow, Finny, you and I have frighteningly similar takes on all this!  Losing is just not an acceptable option.

But, to the nature of the question...

I would not be AT ALL satisfied if the Steelers simply made it to the Super Bowl, and I don't think that would be deemed a successful season at this point. 

However, let's rephrase the question:

Of all three of the nauseating options that are possible, would losing the AFCC, to the Baltimore Ravens, be the worst? 

AB-SO-LUTE-LY!

Someone said on this board earlier (maybe AJ?) that they are a fan of "anyone but the Patriots."  But I am with Finny, I despise the Ravens every bit as much as I do the Pansies.  Not always for the same reasons, but just as much.  Their endless yapping, their insane egos (even when they've lost by four touchdowns), their Northwestern-wannabe uniforms, their ridiculous fans, the man-loving Ray-Ray media machine, and that idiotic praying hands picture of him on the cover of Sports Illustrated.  That stupid article nearly made me throw up, as a Steeler fan and someone who at least tries to be a believer.  And, as much as I loathed Billick, I came pretty close to that same level when Har-barf started making excuses after our last matchup.

Failure is not an option.

Just win the game!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 13:17 »

If I HAD to choose, between losing this week, losing to the Eagles, or losing to the Cards, I'd rank losing this week as the least appealing. The other two would be a tough choice, I'd cry like a baby either way, but I'd rather lose to Philly than the Cards, I think. Just because I respect Philly a little more.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 20:25 »

We are not losing to any of the teams that are left in it. 
Here we go STEELERS!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 20:38 »

We are not losing to any of the teams that are left in it. 
Here we go STEELERS!
I like that attitude!
Who ride? WE RIDE!!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 20:52 »

Fuck this talk of losing.

We didn't back into the AFC title game, needing a kicker to miss 2 FGs late, this time. We just came off one of our better games of the year.

Fuck this beating a team 3x being so tough. I'd say having to play the toughest schedule in the league and still manage the #2 seed is/was a bigger task. And all these people bitching about the Pats not getting in. Weakest schedule in the league and they couldn't even win their division. Now that's tough to do.

Lay the wood on Sunday. God wants Ray to lose big.

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 23:54 »

Fuck this talk of losing.

Seriously, does anyone think this dude is gonna paste the steeler's D for anything more than 125???

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: