Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 07:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooke Promoted to First Line  (Read 376 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:38 »

Cooke promoted to Penguins top line
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

PHILADELPHIA -- Penguins left winger Matt Cooke will make his first appearance on a No. 1 line in nearly five years tonight.

Cooke is scheduled to play alongside Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin when the Penguins face Philadelphia at 7:08 at the Wachovia Center. The last time Cooke filled such a role was late in the 2003-04 season, when he worked with Markus Naslund and Brendan Morrison on Vancouver's top line after Todd Bertuzzi was suspended.

Also tonight, Chris Minard, one of the top scorers in the American Hockey League, will get his first opportunity to fill an offense-oriented role for the Penguins, as he joins with Jordan Staal and Petr Sykora on the No. 2 line.

The other lines the Penguins used at their game-day skate were Miroslav Satan-Max Talbot-Tyler Kennedy and Paul Bissonnette-Dustin Jeffrey-Eric Godard.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09013/941456-61.stm

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:43 »

At least he's playing with Sid and Geno. I guess he'll be protecting them tonight. Staal get's another whack at 2nd line center. Lets hope he shows he's worth the extension.

Gotta tough stretch coming up. Philly tonight, Washington, Anaheim, Rags, and Canes. All home games with the exception of Philly tonight. Lets get out of this fucking slump already.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 20:33 »

I think we looked pretty good tonight. Fought back from their fluke of a first goal and looked decent on special teams. Cooke also played pretty well on the first line, not a permanent fix, but maybe a good fit until we can make a move. As long as our 2nd line can produce, I think it's best for Geno to play on line 1.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: