Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 14:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, who's goin' on Sunday??  (Read 1519 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:46 »

Any MGSers reppin'?

Been perusing Stubhub and eBay...gotta say, it's awfully tempting.  My monster game attendence winning streak (2-0) could be just what they need to help put them over the top.

But damn, $500-$750 each depending on where you sit is...how do you say...fucking expensive?  If I'm gonna throw that kinda money and thensome out the window, I'd kinda like it to be a Super Bowl.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:54 »

Given the fact that games I attend we lose at about a 75% clip, I'll save the money and all y'all the headaches and shattered remotes...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:03 »

I'm thinking about it, but I'm also hoping to go to the Super Bowl (for as close to face value as possible) if we are all so fortunate and the Steelers make it that far. I don't think I can swing both, so I'm trying to see how realistic it is that the SB tix will be an option.

The view in the closed section, upper level end zone blows, but I'd love to be anywhere in the building for what will no doubt be a barn burner.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:21 »

Nope, saving my money for the Super Bowl, if we happen to get that far. I already went a couple times this year, and the wife is pitching a fit about spending the cash (not to mention how much she bitched about how cold it was at the Cowboy game). So I figure I only have one more game I can squeeze out of her purse (yes, I hand over my paycheck becaue I don't want to deal with the bills)

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:37 »

So I figure I only have one more game I can squeeze out of her purse (yes, I hand over my paycheck becaue I don't want to deal with the bills)

um

That doesn't compute Mr. NumberCruncher/StatGeek.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:40 »

So I figure I only have one more game I can squeeze out of her purse (yes, I hand over my paycheck becaue I don't want to deal with the bills)

um

That doesn't compute Mr. NumberCruncher/StatGeek.

NFL stats are fun. Licking stamps and writing bills blows. Besides, the wife is an accountant.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:42 »

Nope, saving my money for the Super Bowl, if we happen to get that far. I already went a couple times this year, and the wife is pitching a fit about spending the cash (not to mention how much she bitched about how cold it was at the Cowboy game). So I figure I only have one more game I can squeeze out of her purse (yes, I hand over my paycheck becaue I don't want to deal with the bills)

See what I'm sayin'?  You get a guy who'll shell out the money for Steelers tickets - AND FOR THE COWGIRLS GAME - and the wife bitches at him for spending the money.

Accountant or not, she shoulda known what she was in for....

I'd be all about spending that money. 

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jclaywell18
Been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:43 »

I'm trying to get there but it's looking shady at best. I had a friend who had tickets lined up for me in Nashville if the Titans would have won..(Last and only time I'll cheer for the Titans and Lendale's fat ass) and now I have another friend who says he's about 75% sure he can get me tickets for Sunday. I'm not holding my breath, he's kinda shady when it comes to these things.

Btw, if the lord shines his grace on me and I do get tickets where is a good hotel to stay where it's not too far from the stadium? Thanks

I'm just gonna walk this off....

Gold jacket, green jacket..who gives a shit
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:47 »

I'm trying to get there but it's looking shady at best. I had a friend who had tickets lined up for me in Nashville if the Titans would have won..(Last and only time I'll cheer for the Titans and Lendale's fat ass) and now I have another friend who says he's about 75% sure he can get me tickets for Sunday. I'm not holding my breath, he's kinda shady when it comes to these things.

Btw, if the lord shines his grace on me and I do get tickets where is a good hotel to stay where it's not too far from the stadium? Thanks

So help me God, if he gets those tickets, I will make Brett disappear so that I can have the other one.
I'll do it.
I swear.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 16:31 »

"Make Brett disappear"? Is that another euphemism on par with "pulling out too early?"

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: