Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 04:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben's concussion  (Read 869 times)
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« on: Jan 13, 2009 at 23:51 »

Ok, its been a long day so maybe bear with me on this  one.

I've been watching this play over and over again. and something about just seems, well regular.

Could it be that the Steelers are trying to bait EVERYONE?

Im sorry for all of you who try to protect ben's tough guy image, im sorry but that hit was not hard, funny landing, NOTHING. He got tackled by two people, be it, two very large people, but this is the NFL for cryin' out loud.

All im saying is Ben likes drama, he likes to act. Is maybe Tomlin using it to the Steelers advantage? I mean think about after he got carried off the field on the stretcher, raising his thumb up, like it took everything he had to get it up. It was straight to 7 days of non-stop questions about the QB's health, taking all focus of the rest of the team to fly under the radar, and absolutly DOMINATE the Chargers.

Im Just saying....

ok....

Bash me now flipoff lol

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 00:36 »

not to discredit ben but I don't think he has or the steelers as an orginization have that kind of attitude to play those kind of head games or propel that kind of drama....ben was really hurt and had to leave.  I think he may have read or heard some shit of Coleman having to start or his arm is better and used it to come back and show us what he's made of....he kicked fucking ass this week like i haven't seen all year and I'm glad he's back.  Steelers aren't playing in a 90210 soap opera

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 07:26 »

He was diagnosed with a spinal concussion. Pretty serious stuff.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
BleedGreen710

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 08:55 »

He was diagnosed with a spinal concussion. Pretty serious stuff.

Well, maybe for a professional football player...  The majority of us MGS'ers would have got up, and ran off the field.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
dare2beme

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:00 »

Well, maybe for a professional football player...  The majority of us MGS'ers would have got up, and ran off the field.

Dontcha mean, got up and ran back into the huddle?

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
BleedGreen710

« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:02 »

Yeah...that's what I said.  Back to the huddle...........

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:04 »

Dontcha mean, got up and ran back into the huddle?

I woulda run off the field for a shot of whiskey before going back in.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:55 »

Im sorry for all of you who try to protect ben's tough guy image, im sorry but that hit was not hard, funny landing, NOTHING. He got tackled by two people, be it, two very large people, but this is the NFL for cryin' out loud.

Dude 's arms were pinned with no way to protect himself, and hit the back of his head/neck with about 800 pounds of weight behind it (counting his own).  NFL or no, that's gonna leave a mark.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:15 »

Dude 's arms were pinned with no way to protect himself, and hit the back of his head/neck with about 800 pounds of weight behind it (counting his own).  NFL or no, that's gonna leave a mark.

Friggin' pussy.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 11:04 »

I think if Pittsburgh is going to ah,...script...somethin' like that, I think they do it leading to the Super Bowl, not to a 2nd round, divisional game against the Chargers.  I mean, think about it...all of that work for...the Chargers?

IMO, if they go to those lengths (FTR, I don't think it was an act at all.  Players have concussions and are back playin' with a few weeks.  Maybe it would've been different if he was a LBer or S where he's much more likely to have contact on gameday.  Although...), you can't "use it" to your advantage in the next game because they've all seen that he was sharp.

Honestly, that kinda move comes from the top and Tomlin just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to do something like that.  Now, if it were Belicheat or one of his disciples...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: